Aggressors - Unable to Install Game (Sep 6, 2018)

kool_kat
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Aggressors - Unable to Install Game (Sep 6, 2018)

Post by kool_kat »

Gents: 8)

I have performed the following steps:

(1.) Purchased Aggressors: Ancient Rome. (Sep 6, 2018)
(2.) Received Product Key and download link.
(3.) Downloaded the game to my desktop.
(4.) Double clicked on the application.
(5.) Use default install path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kubat Software\Aggressors Ancient Rome
(6.) Entered the Product Key when prompted.
(7.) Game starts to install and almost immediately stops with "Uninstall executable" displayed in the installer screen.
(8.) Have downloaded the game twice (Thought it might be a corrupted copy) and tried three times to install it. Each time the installer would stop with "Uninstall executable" displayed.

My PC system:

HP Notebook
AMD A6-6310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics 1.80 GHz
Installed RAM: 6.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x-64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
OS Build 17134.228

Please advise on corrective steps. Thank you in advance!
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Re: Aggressors - Unable to Install Game (Sep 6, 2018)

Post by pavelk »

Hi kool_kat,
we apologize for this issue. I have forwarded this directly to the tech support, they will contact you soon.
Couple of things I would recommend to try:
kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

pavelk wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:50 pm Hi kool_kat,
we apologize for this issue. I have forwarded this directly to the tech support, they will contact you soon.
Couple of things I would recommend to try:
Hi Pavelk: 8)

Thank you for your prompt response!

I performed the following procedures:

(1.) Ran the installer as administrator three times. Each time the installer stopped with "Uninstall executable" on the screen.
(2.) Ran the .NET Framework. Received the following message: ".NET Framework 4.7.2 or a later update is already installed on this computer"

Please advise on next corrective steps. Thank you.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Hi kool_kat,
I would really like to help you, but I am the developer of the game and the installer is Slitherine's. I already passed your issue to the support and they will contact you (probably here or via PM).
I am sorry I cannot help you more, but I am not that familiar with the Slitherine installer.
Hope they will be able to help you more.
kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

pavelk wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:25 pm Hi kool_kat,
I would really like to help you, but I am the developer of the game and the installer is Slitherine's. I already passed your issue to the support and they will contact you (probably here or via PM).
I am sorry I cannot help you more, but I am not that familiar with the Slitherine installer.
Hope they will be able to help you more.
Hi Pavelk:

Update - I disabled my antivirus program and was able to install and play Aggressors! :D

Ready for many hours of gaming fun!!!! :D :D :D
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

kool_kat wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:02 pmUpdate - I disabled my antivirus program and was able to install and play Aggressors! :D
That is excellent news!
Just for players who might be in similar situation, what exactly have you done to run it?
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

Hello Kool_Kat,

I'm glad you got this working. Yes, normally issues with installations are due to interference from third party programs, with anti-virus/anti-malware software being the usual culprit. We also usually recommend installing this in Windows Safe Mode if you are having install issues, as Safe Mode boots Windows in a basic state with most drivers and third party programs disabled in Safe Mode.

As an FYI, AV software interferes, as these days most AV software does not work by scanning for known threats, but instead work via a Heristic Analysis, i.e. they scan for suspicious code and files. In the case of a newly released game, it is most often that the AV software has not scanned the file before as it is so new, so they quarantine them on this basis.

You have said that this is running, so hopefully this is resolved, but if you do have any other issues with this please do not hesitate to ask
kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

pavelk wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:43 pm
kool_kat wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:02 pmUpdate - I disabled my antivirus program and was able to install and play Aggressors! :D
That is excellent news!
Just for players who might be in similar situation, what exactly have you done to run it?
Hi Pavelk: 8)

Here is the procedure I followed:

(1.) Disabled anti-virus program for 10 minutes. There are various settings in anti-virus program that allow users to disable program for set time periods. I use Avast Free Anti-virus program.
(2.) Ran installer in administrator mode. This mode is located on Applications Tools bar (Windows 10 Home).
(3.) Installer unpacked and installed game components. Enter Product Key and select installation path.
(4.) Installer added game shortcut to PC desktop.
(5.) Aggressors is running correctly. I am 60 turns into my first game! :D
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Thank you for the description of your procedure.
I will refer to your description once any player gets similar issue.

I hope you are having a good time!:)

Return to “Aggressors: Tech Support”