Gladius Morale, Hero and Research suggested fixes

ttrakes
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Gladius Morale, Hero and Research suggested fixes

Post by ttrakes »

For what it’s worth.
After playing with the new patch and beta DLC there are a few variables that is making the game a little imbalanced, especially for multiplayer, in my point of view. See comments below.

1) Morale - When a unit takes a damage, all units adjacent or not, all their morale becomes broken too quickly. I believe this should be toned down a bit to where the unit(s) that take damage, that unit(s) morale falls and a percent change that unit(s) only adjacent to the damaged unit morale lowers to.
Example... When unit A takes damage that unit morale should drop a percentage. Every unit adjacent only should have a lower rate of morale drop and shouldn’t be as much as the unit that took damage. No other units should lose morale non adjacent should loss any morale. Now when unit A gets killed all adjacent units lose should have a higher change for morale lose.
Regardless of hero buffs and morale recovery, all units in and near combat are breaking to fast.

2) Hero leveling - Hero spamming is somewhat ruining the game a touch. Heroes are leveling way to fast and are becoming way too strong to a point where other heroes cannot even kill one another. Hero leveling needs to be toned down so they do not level 4x or 5x in one combat.

3) I believe research is out pacing building production. A slight adjustment to how fast researching techs can be researched should be looked at. Yes, its cool to be in 6th, 7th or 8th level tech tree but what is the point if you can’t build out of it till 10-20 turns later.

4) Trying to load multiplayer games is almost impossible at times. 1 out 4 of our multiplayers always loses connection when loading a saved game making all that game time played a waste of time. Multiplayer saved game loading needs redefining or made better to connect.

Overall I give the game an above average play but a few of the above quirks as mentioned should be looked into to make the game better playable.
ttrakes

Re: Gladius Morale, Hero and Research suggested fixes

Post by ttrakes »

Looks like the Morale loss has been readjusted along with the unit / hero experience not as insane anymore as well. Just a day or two after I posted I assume there was an update push as we have been actively playing for a week now and these issues must have been addressed before I posted.

As for multiplayer load, direct connect works the best.

Thanks

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Suggestions”