[Mod Updated v1.2.2 & DLC's] Dangerous Planet Expanded v1.6

Jaylo101
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

[Mod Updated v1.2.2 & DLC's] Dangerous Planet Expanded v1.6

Post by Jaylo101 »

This is an expansion to the Dangerous Planet mod created by Elindos Phar and all credit goes to him for making wildlife lairs for
Enslavers, Kroot Hounds, Psychneueins and a partial lair for Rebel Guards.
Having lairs for all the wildlife creatures plus the extra Rebel Guards brings wildlife much more into the game.

What i have done is create lairs for Ambulls, Kastelan Robots and completed the Rebel Guard lair.
I have also recolored all lairs to match the recolored wildlife textures i did for my Texture Fix mod but i have also included those wildlife recolors in this mod.
Lair icons have also been made depicting the wildlife creature that spawns from that lair and all lairs size scale is set at 1.1 so they are very visible on the map.
The Kastelan Robots and Rebel Guards use the IG Bastion building(minus weapons) mesh as their lair and the other wildlife all use the Catachan Devil mesh for their lairs.

Since the game will be spawning more wildlife due to the lairs, especially on large maps, i found the ai needs an extra starting unit for the early game as a buffer so one has been given in this mod to all the races.

V1.6
LAIRS
Increased max unit spawn count at any one time on normal and Castellan lairs to 6 and elite lairs to 2.
Added a second weapon to all lairs that only had one weapon. Organic lairs now have Psychic Lash and Heavy Venom Cannon while Rebel Guards\Castellan lairs have Heavy Bolter and Krak Missile Launcher. Feral Ork lairs have their usual 4 weapons.
All lair weapons now have a range of 3.
The Barrage trait has been added to lair weapons Psychic Lash, Krak Missile Launcher and Rokkit Launcha to remove the line of sight requirement as often akward terrain placement prevented the lairs from firing their weapons which reduced their effectiveness.
All lairs now have the Fortification trait.

FACTION HEADQUARTERS
All faction HQ's now have a third weapon added to them. This was done to give them much better survivability in the early game with the greatly increased wildlife quality and quantity if the factions initial units are killed quckly and the HQ is under prolonged wildlife attack. Plus it's just damn cool to have 3 weapons in your HQ as they should be more deadly than they are.

HQ weapons added:
Astra Militarum - Heavy Bolter
Necrons - Doomsday Cannon High Power
Orks - Zzap Gun
Space Marines - Krak Missile Launcher
Tyranids - Bio Plasmic Cannon

All weapons for the HQ's and the AM Imperial Strongpoint now have a range of 3. The range increase only affects these buildings from custom weapon files so any units using the same weapons will still use the original range 1-2 files.
All HQ's now start with a city radius of 2 tiles.

MISC
Staying with survivability, i have created a new trait that has been added to all HQ's, defensive buildings and wildlife lairs that gives 5hp regeneration per turn. It's intended to help the dumb faction ai survive this mod and give the lairs a bit more longevity.
HQ's and wildlife lairs have 10 armour.
I have edited the rocks terrain feature to allow the full 3 building slots but have reduced the resource bonuses to 10% from 20%.

V1.5
Added neutral lairs for Neophyte Hybrid's and a Renegade Tyrannofex, also changed texture colours for these units.
Replaced the range 2 heavy bolter weapons with range 3 krak missiles on both Rebel Guards Lairs and the Kastelan Robot Lair .
Increased all lairs hp to 50.

V1.4
Increased the hp and armour of all lairs.
The Rebel Guards and Kastelan Robot lairs now have heavy bolter weapons.
All the other organic lairs have a new weapon called Psionic Lash with a range of 3.
Reduced the attacks of the elite wildlife to 5.

V1.3
Recoloured the Rebel Guards lasbeam\muzzle flash and the sparkle effect on the Bullgryn Ogre's power maul to chaos red\pink.
This is much more fitting for corrupted units.
All the races now start with a hero unit to help boost the survivability of the ai early game with the inclusion of the elite wildlife units.
Decreased the Bullgryn Ogre's health to 35 and attacks to 7.
Increased the normal wildlife lair spawn max to 4 at a time.
Removed the neutral wildlife Techpriest and Imperial Bastion from spawning on maps.

V1.2
This is quite a big update this time as i have added 6 new elite wildlife units containing 1 large creature each and a new Young Catachan Devil unit containing 3 smaller\weaker Devils.
The elite wildlife units are limited to 1 max at any time per lair and the normal spawns are now reduced to 3 max.
With the Young Catachan Devils unit being added the original Catachan Devil has had it's hp increased to 20 and it's damage increased slightly
but has also been reduced to 1 max unit per lair at a time.

New units:
Colossal Ambull - Ambull Hive
Young Catachan Devils - Catachan Devil Lair
Enslaver Overseer - Enslaver Nest
Kroot Hound Matriarch - Kroot Hound Lair
Psychneuein Queen - Psychneuein Nest
Bullgryn Ogre - Rebel Guards Barracks
Corrupted Meganob - Feral Boyz Den

I originally had the new units spawn from their respective lairs as a second spawn but the current spawn mechanic appears to not support lairs
having more than one spawn unit.
So i simply created a duplicate respective lair for the new units to spawn from, these lairs also have they're own info entry so you can see what spawns from them.
If the spawning mechanic gets changed or fixed at some point then i will put the normal\elite units both back into their respective lair.

V1.1
Added a corrupted Feral Ork Boyz unit and a lair that spawns them to the wildlife.
The lair is actually an immobilized Battlewagon and is fully armed.
I understand this may not be cannon but i recoloured the corrupted Feral Ork Boyz flesh a chaos red/pink because i didn't want the unit to just
be a copy\paste of normal Ork Boyz.

Hosted on Nexus Mods
https://www.nexusmods.com/warhammer4000 ... escription
Last edited by Jaylo101 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Jaylo101
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: [Mod] Dangerous Planet Expanded v1.1 for game version 1.07

Post by Jaylo101 »

Updated the mod to v1.1
Added a corrupted Feral Ork Boyz unit and a lair that spawns them to the wildlife.
Screenies are on Nexus mods.
Jaylo101
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: [Mod] Dangerous Planet Expanded v1.1 for game version 1.07

Post by Jaylo101 »

Updated again lol.
V1.2
This is quite a big update this time as i have added 6 new elite wildlife units containing 1 large creature each and a new Young Catachan Devil unit containing 3 smaller\weaker Devils.
Full details on the first post and screenshots on the Nexus as usual.

Comments are welcome :)
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Re: [Mod] Dangerous Planet Expanded v1.2 for game version 1.07

Post by Parallax »

Thanks! Very interesting update. When i suggest in modders discord channel to add lairs to all neutrals i wasn't thinking about adding more new neutrals :) Very good mod with lot potential to expand
Jaylo101
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: [Mod] Dangerous Planet Expanded v1.3 for game version 1.0.8

Post by Jaylo101 »

Updated the mod to v1.3

V1.3
Recoloured the Rebel Guards lasbeam\muzzle flash and the sparkle effect on the Bullgryn Ogre's power maul to chaos red\pink.
This is much more fitting for corrupted units.
All the races now start with a hero unit to help boost the survivability of the ai early game with the inclusion of the elite wildlife units.
Decreased the Bullgryn Ogre's health to 35 and attacks to 7.
Increased the normal wildlife lair spawn max to 4 at a time.
Removed the neutral wildlife Techpriest and Imperial Bastion from spawning on maps.

Changed install instructions for non destructive filepath.
Jaylo101
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: [Mod Updated] Dangerous Planet Expanded v1.3 for game version 1.0.8

Post by Jaylo101 »

I've added the missing core files needed for non destructive modding.
Jaylo101
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: [Mod Updated] Dangerous Planet Expanded v1.4 for game version 1.0.8

Post by Jaylo101 »

Mod updated to v1.4.

Increased the hp and armour of all lairs.
The Rebel Guards and Kastelan Robot lairs now have heavy bolter weapons.
All the other organic lairs have a new weapon called Psionic Lash with a range of 3.
Reduced the attacks of the elite wildlife to 5.
Jaylo101
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: [Mod Updated v1.2.2 & DLC's] Dangerous Planet Expanded v1.4

Post by Jaylo101 »

Mod updated for game version 1.2.2 and DLC's.
Jaylo101
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: [Mod Updated v1.2.2 & DLC's] Dangerous Planet Expanded v1.5

Post by Jaylo101 »

V1.5
Added neutral lairs for Neophyte Hybrid's and a Renegade Tyrannofex, also changed texture colours for these units.
Replaced the range 2 heavy bolter weapons with range 3 krak missiles on both Rebel Guards Lairs and the Kastelan Robot Lair .
Increased all lairs hp to 50.
Parallax

Post by Parallax »

Just finished russian translation. Put it in attachments. Thanks for your mod :)
PS. Maybe it is possible to spawn neutrals of the same type from single lair? Meganob and feral boys from single battle wagon, psychnoien and psychnoien queen from the same nest? For example, every 5 turns - lesser neutral, but every 20th turn - high tier enemy?
Attachments
Russian.zip
Russian language for mod
(127.15 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Jaylo101
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Jaylo101 »

Parallax wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:00 pm Just finished russian translation. Put it in attachments. Thanks for your mod :)
PS. Maybe it is possible to spawn neutrals of the same type from single lair? Meganob and feral boys from single battle wagon, psychnoien and psychnoien queen from the same nest? For example, every 5 turns - lesser neutral, but every 20th turn - high tier enemy?
I did indeed try to put more than one type of unit in single lairs, way back when i made the elite wildlife units.
Unfortunately the maps crashed upon load with two or more units in a single lair and i couldn't figure out why.
Jaylo101
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: [Mod Updated v1.2.2 & DLC's] Dangerous Planet Expanded v1.6

Post by Jaylo101 »

Big update this time for v1.6.

Be aware that i have edited the faction HQ's now so if you have mods that do the same they will clash, my mod folder is set to be at the top.

V1.6
LAIRS
Increased max unit spawn count at any one time on normal and Castellan lairs to 6 and elite lairs to 2.
Added a second weapon to all lairs that only had one weapon. Organic lairs now have Psychic Lash and Heavy Venom Cannon while Rebel Guards\Castellan lairs have Heavy Bolter and Krak Missile Launcher. Feral Ork lairs have their usual 4 weapons.
All lair weapons now have a range of 3.
The Barrage trait has been added to lair weapons Psychic Lash, Krak Missile Launcher and Rokkit Launcha to remove the line of sight requirement as often akward terrain placement prevented the lairs from firing their weapons which reduced their effectiveness.
All lairs now have the Fortification trait.

FACTION HEADQUARTERS
All faction HQ's now have a third weapon added to them. This was done to give them much better survivability in the early game with the greatly increased wildlife quality and quantity if the factions initial units are killed quckly and the HQ is under prolonged wildlife attack. Plus it's just damn cool to have 3 weapons in your HQ as they should be more deadly than they are.

HQ weapons added:
Astra Militarum - Heavy Bolter
Necrons - Doomsday Cannon High Power
Orks - Zzap Gun
Space Marines - Krak Missile Launcher
Tyranids - Bio Plasmic Cannon

All weapons for the HQ's and the AM Imperial Strongpoint now have a range of 3. The range increase only affects these buildings from custom weapon files so any units using the same weapons will still use the original range 1-2 files.
All HQ's now start with a city radius of 2 tiles.

MISC
Staying with survivability, i have created a new trait that has been added to all HQ's, defensive buildings and wildlife lairs that gives 5hp regeneration per turn. It's intended to help the dumb faction ai survive this mod and give the lairs a bit more longevity.
HQ's and wildlife lairs have 10 armour.
I have edited the rocks terrain feature to allow the full 3 building slots but have reduced the resource bonuses to 10% from 20%.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Modding”