adding Pandora Models and animations to gladius

Kabookie
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

adding Pandora Models and animations to gladius

Post by Kabookie »

Hi,

I have made an attempt to import the models from your last game "Pandora" into gladius.

I have had success with getting in the mesh files and textures:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17UsINq ... sp=sharing

the problem comes when i try to use the animations:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z6d1Xh ... sp=sharing

I have spoken to your modeller and animator Sohei. and he says its because they changed the animation system.
Speaking to Rok he said that he would be open to discussing potentially releasing the Pandora 3ds max files but to make a request on the slitherine forum. i hope i got the right section :)

Can i request that we open this discussion, if your not willing to publicly release them im happy to sign something to say i wont share the original files.

Use case: Im the author of the "Neutral Pack" mod, and id like to add to the creatures of gladius with the pandoran neutral units.
Last edited by Kabookie on Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kabookie
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: adding Pandora Models and animations to gladius

Post by Kabookie »

Sooooooooo?
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Post by Parallax »

+1 :(
Cocolito
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Cocolito »

+1
TOFFster
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by TOFFster »

+1
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

sorry everyone but this isn't a support question, it's a modding one, if the devleopers or staff don't wish to reply or have no answers, there's not a lot anyone can do about it, best advice is move the topic / question to the modding forum, and see if anyone replies,

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=524
if they don't, there's your answer
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

moved thread from tech support

Post by zakblood »

as not a tech support question or topic
Kabookie
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: moved thread from tech support

Post by Kabookie »

so you moved my post but didnt actually reply to it. dont move my posts. i need tech support help to convert the models, thats the correct place.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

tech support isn't for modding questions, thats why there's a modding section, it has remained unaswered as no one is tech support like myself would have the information you asked for, sorry if you don't like the reply and or move, but hopefully you will get more looks and replies in the correct modding section hopefully
Kabookie
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Kabookie »

i just want a meaningful response. can you assist me in proding the devs. im honestly getting sick of being ignored.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

i'm hopping you get it seen and replied to now it's here, as we do support in the tech section where as they do replies for elsewhere, either it's a time issue and there busy doing something else game wise, or it's not been seen and hopefully now it will be, good luck
Kabookie
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Kabookie »

I've bitched directly to the devs. If I still dont get a response then I'll know you guys don't appreciate my time and effort.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

i appreciate everybody and was the main reason for moving the post in the first place, as only other members replied, so i moved it hoping others with more knowleadge like yourself may reply and give you the advice you need, sometimes it's hard for modders as i've been there myself, you have just one thought and item on the go, for developers it's different, some work at it full time while others it's a hobby and passion but doesn't pay the bills, so coding is one thing but time spend on the forums is something completely different, not everyone has the time or the inclingations to do it, but don't give up, all isn't lost, you may just have to wait and hope the move was helpfull, but yes in the end, if no reply then either no one knows, or it's too hard or time comsuming to answer fully? not sure myself but will ask and see if anything else or anyone else can help
Kabookie
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Kabookie »

i think that a response of "no thats too hard" or "we are looking into this we will hopefully get back to you in x days" is a valid response. thats what im after a response from the devs. im not asking for much. responsiveness is key to build and keep a community. tho as you can tell im a tad angry today after looking at my sm balance post and no one has responded for 4 months yet i see bullshit updates like vulkan that not necessary for a low polegon game. tells me they dont give a shit about gladius anymore. you see my point right. responsiveness and explinations are key.
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

Hello Kabookie,

We greatly appreciate your interest and burning enthusiasm, but unfortunately we won't be able to release the Max files.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
Kabookie
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Kabookie »

thanks for responding. I understand its too hard to release those models. Thanks for looking into it.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Modding”