Settlers.

A mix of deep gameplay and rich historical flavor, Aggressors: Ancient Rome lets you relive history as the ruler of one of the mighty civilizations of the ancient Mediterranean. Choose one of twenty available factions and conquer the world.
stormbringer3
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Settlers.

Post by stormbringer3 »

It seems to me that the AI is building way too many settlers. I've seen where Settlers outnumber combat units.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Re: Settlers.

Post by pavelk »

It is not exceptional. Even when we are testing the game, we sometimes have more settlers than military units. It all depends on the actual situation. If you clearly know that the AI player has more than enough settlers and is more in need of military units, please share with me the end turn save file (info@kubat-software.com) and I will investigate it and possibly tweak the AI algorithm.
Thank you stormbringer3.
Pavel
n0kn0k
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by n0kn0k »

Tbh there are situations where I have that myself as a player. Many settlers, and high tech, but fewer armies.
When I want to expand my infrastructure fast, and found some settlements quickly to "claim" land.
That's when this situation might happen.
Sillyflower
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Sillyflower »

I prefer to buy nomads to build new cities (they are only 5 gold + 10 men as opposed to 10 and 10 for settlers). I keep the latter for road building unless I have a surplus of them in which case the 8 gold and 8 men for selling them is often a better option
Post: I'm always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box art they will think I'm some kind of neo Nazi
Reply: They already know you are a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
Tanaka
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Tanaka »

I think maybe a food cost for settlers and nomads would help with the spam of them.

Return to “Aggressors: Ancient Rome”