Game doesn't start unless i check for updates.

A mix of deep gameplay and rich historical flavor, Aggressors: Ancient Rome lets you relive history as the ruler of one of the mighty civilizations of the ancient Mediterranean. Choose one of twenty available factions and conquer the world.
Vivas
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Game doesn't start unless i check for updates.

Post by Vivas »

Funny thing is that it onlt starts after i checked for updates. Otherwise i get a white screen and nothing happens.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Game doesn't start unless i check for updates.

Post by zakblood »

ok, that's a new one on me, sorry about this, can you please post here below in the link provided and give me more information please, thanks and sorry again for your issues

viewforum.php?f=528

information needed and posted in the link would be,

version, site, steam or GOG version

and a report thanks,

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just attach it to your post with first adding the file to a zip, which is then permitted to attach to the forum
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Vivas wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:35 pm Funny thing is that it onlt starts after i checked for updates. Otherwise i get a white screen and nothing happens.
HI Vivas,
can you please explain me this issue a bit more? Do you have Steam version or Slitherine version? You said you need to check updates but what updates and where do you need to check them?
Thank you for the answers and we apologize for the issue.
Pavel
Vivas

Post by Vivas »

I have the Slitherine version. I start the game fom the small startupscreen where you can acces the manual etc. I get a white screen with the small blue round in progress icon and nothing happens. When i click my mouse i get the game doesn't start properly and have the choice to either cancel the startup or wait until the game reacts, when i choose the second option nothing happens, only the white screen again. Ones i cancel the launch and i start the game and check for updates (in the right low corner of the Slitherine menu) it checks for updates and tells me that i already have the latest version. After that it starts normaly, unltil i quit the game again and i have to repeat the proces.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Vivas wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:53 pm I have the Slitherine version. I start the game fom the small startupscreen where you can acces the manual etc. I get a white screen with the small blue round in progress icon and nothing happens. When i click my mouse i get the game doesn't start properly and have the choice to either cancel the startup or wait until the game reacts, when i choose the second option nothing happens, only the white screen again. Ones i cancel the launch and i start the game and check for updates (in the right low corner of the Slitherine menu) it checks for updates and tells me that i already have the latest version. After that it starts normaly, unltil i quit the game again and i have to repeat the proces.
Thank you for sheding some light on that for me. Can you please try few more things:
  1. Start the game directly (without Slitherine menu) - there should be "Quick start" option in Start menu
  2. Start the game as admin from Slitherine menu
  3. Go to the installation path (it is usually C:\Program Files\Kubat Software\Aggressors Ancient Rome\) and start the game by executing Aggressors.exe
  4. And one more try to do the same as in the previous point just start as admin?
I know that it is annoying but please help us to find the issue you are experiencing.
Thank you
Pavel
Vivas

Post by Vivas »

Launching the game as admin worked twice, launching from directory does not work, same issue.
Vivas

Post by Vivas »

I try to add the dxdiag but i can't add the file (invalid file extension), same with a copy pasted open word file.
Vivas

Post by Vivas »

Well the game works with a slight delay, i am not to fussed about it, some day when you have time, after a few excellent dlc's you figure it out. It is a great game and i am happy i can play it ;-)
Yogi the Great
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Yogi the Great »

Wish I could remember what I did - when I started the game for the first time I got the white screen with the blue loading - after it seemed it should have done something by now I hit something and the game started up. I think I might have hit the esc key. Other possibility might have been the enter key.

Anyway since that first time it has always started up fine so far.
debtmars
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by debtmars »

Same issue here as well.
debtmars

Post by debtmars »

Game crashed after I changed the game options ( Trees) and was required to reboot. Issue has laready been reported and file will be sent.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Hi debtmars,
we apologize for the crash.

I havent received the report yet but hopefully it will be received.
In the meantime could you try to run the game as admin? There have been some issues with the folder permissions reported and that might also be your case.
Thank you.
Let me know if that helped
CommanderPylos
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by CommanderPylos »

Same issue here. Starting the game as admin works though.
Vivas

Post by Vivas »

I regietsered the game on steam with the key provided but it is not starting at all from steam. I get the same error but since i cannot look for updates in the menu box i cannot get it started. I wanted to play some time on steam to give a positive review, wich probably won't work anyway since i bought it from the Slitherine store. Or i can't make a review because i didn't play through steam yet.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Vivas wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:03 pm I regietsered the game on steam with the key provided but it is not starting at all from steam. I get the same error but since i cannot look for updates in the menu box i cannot get it started. I wanted to play some time on steam to give a positive review, wich probably won't work anyway since i bought it from the Slitherine store.
Hi Vivas,
I have notified Slitherine support to help you out. In the meantime can you try to run the game as admin? Can you also try to switch off your INternet connection before you start the Steam version of the game?
Thank you and we apologize for this.
Vivas

Post by Vivas »

I tried all of that, steam won't work be it as admin, offline, online or without internet connection Because the only way it starts up is after i checked for updates. The funny thing is that i also works after it disconnected internet connection and started the slitherine version, checked for updates wich obviously failed due to no connection but the game started. I want hoewever put a positive review on steam since i belive this game deserves a positive rating. I act out of self interest since i want dlc's in the future ;-)
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

I hope Slitherine support will be able to help. The office is closed but they will come back to you tomorrow.
Hopefully we will figure it out soon.
debtmars

Post by debtmars »

How do you run the game as admin?
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

debtmars wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:23 pm How do you run the game as admin?
It depends on if you run the Steam version or standalone version. If you run the standalone version, just right click on the icon, go to properties and check the tick "Run as Administrator".
If you have Steam version, the best is to go to the game folder and find Aggressors.exe and change it there (again right click->properties->run as admin) but there are other ways how to do it. here it is
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

run as administrator fixed the problem for me.

Return to “Aggressors: Ancient Rome”