Where's the rest of the map?

A mix of deep gameplay and rich historical flavor, Aggressors: Ancient Rome lets you relive history as the ruler of one of the mighty civilizations of the ancient Mediterranean. Choose one of twenty available factions and conquer the world.
Montbrun
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Where's the rest of the map?

Post by Montbrun »

Just so that I understand, before I purchase; most of northern, western, central, and eastern Europe are NOT included in the game? We can't have Caesar's Gallic Campaigns, Invasions of England, Campaigns in Germany, or Dacia?

Is this something that will be added later?

Brad
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Where's the rest of the map?

Post by zakblood »

welcome the forum

you can have what you like
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (328.77 KiB) Viewed 3118 times
with little effort it can be modded for almost anything to be added
Untitled1.jpg
Untitled1.jpg (320.24 KiB) Viewed 3115 times
but as yet, any DLC's will be announced or made, only at the developers time etc, so just keep looking and listening and hopefully something will happen and persuade you to jump onboard sooner rather than later
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

You are right, the campaign map doesnt have those areas.

The game is moddable and there are already couple of other maps in the steam workshop (huge map of holland around 50AD and few other smaller ones).
It is pretty easy to build map so players might create it themselves.
We also have in plan to create some expansions but for the vanilla release this map is what is offered.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

on go custom mode and have it how you like, size wise, and almost everything else
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (617.66 KiB) Viewed 3109 times
a few clicks later, and a new map, which no one else will have been on and played before,

totally random
Montbrun

Post by Montbrun »

That answers my question - yeah, I'm on board.

Brad
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

it's not a game which you will finish any time soon, the main game has 20 nations, so playing each one on easy should take you a few weeks, and main nations are easier so by the time you get to the smallest ones, you will be or should be a master, then do the custom ones and the modded ones, as by then you can do the challenge, well that's my advice, and if you get bored then, make a mod or play someone elses, as plenty will be doing them to make there own games type and styles
solops
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by solops »

Zakblood's reply in the second post totally confused me and seems to contradict Pavelk's later reply. Is northwest Europe (parts of France, England, northern Germany and Ireland) part of the base game's play area? Or does is have to be added as a mod?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

workshop mods,. already released and playable, sorry for the confusion
Is northwest Europe (parts of France, England, northern Germany and Ireland) part of the base game's play area? Or does is have to be added as a mod?
no, as mentioned by the developer, there not, only some parts are now covered in the workshop area and can be downloaded and installed and played as mods
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

as the main game maps is called the Mediterranean, this is what is in the default map
1.jpg
1.jpg (769.7 KiB) Viewed 3068 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (635.71 KiB) Viewed 3068 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (778.84 KiB) Viewed 3068 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (742.47 KiB) Viewed 3068 times
jimi3
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by jimi3 »

So if you don't have Steam you can't get the mods? Will they be available to us non-steamers?

Cheers, Jim
gwgardner
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by gwgardner »

Modders can post in the forums here at Slitherine. They often do, for other Slitherine/Matrix games that also have Steam workshops. If there's a specific mod you see on Steam, probably you could post about it and get the modder to repost here. I think Cablenexus for instance, is planning on having dropbox access for his mods which are already on Steam.
Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Surtur »

I just posted mine in the modding forum. The game uses Steam workshop to make it easy to share, but any mod will also work with the non-steam version. You just need to put the files into the correct folder. So any modders are encouraged to also host their mods in other places.
eddieballgame
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by eddieballgame »

Remember folks, for those that, (wisely :)), purchased from Slitherene...you also own a Steam version.
Thus, will have access to Steam Workshop.

Return to “Aggressors: Ancient Rome”