What is the major difference to Civilization ?

A mix of deep gameplay and rich historical flavor, Aggressors: Ancient Rome lets you relive history as the ruler of one of the mighty civilizations of the ancient Mediterranean. Choose one of twenty available factions and conquer the world.
KarlXII
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

What is the major difference to Civilization ?

Post by KarlXII »

I am with interest following the development of this game but I fear it will "only" be yet another copy of a 4x civilization style concept concetrating on the ancient times.

What are the major differences from Civilization ? Any new concepts in the genre ? And please, could you give a developer diary about th A.I ?
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Re: What is the major difference to Civilization ?

Post by pavelk »

Hi Karl,
thank you for your interest!

I think it might be difficult to convince you in one post about what the game is about or what it isn't about . It is definitely in no way a copy of anything including Civilization. If you by "civilization" style mean the basis of 4X strategies in general, than yes, it is similar, because it is the same genre however almost all the rules and features are different. I think that the upcoming live streams and previews will show you more about the game than thousand words.

I am not sure if you read the dev diaries but in case you don't, you can find in them what you are looking for. It is described in detail how does it differ to other games.

The dev diary slots are unfortunately already "full". There are many things we would still like to tell readers about the features of the game that AI dev diary simply didnt make it. I am also pretty sure that the description of the algorithm itself would not be that interesting in comparison to the actual description of the game features. The AI either plays well or it doesnt play well but the description how it is achieved is probably not that much interesting for an average reader.
So far we had a very positive feedback about the game's AI and we are still improving it per testers' suggestions.
KarlXII
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by KarlXII »

Thanks for a quick reply.

Well, for me the A.I is the single most important part so I have just to wait for the initial reviews then. Bugs could always be dealt with but not many companies put their efforts into improving the A.I engine. Having said that I look forward to the release. Don´t rush it! :-)

Ah, and while I´m at it. Will you make the manual public or at least show parts of it ?
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

KarlXII wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:06 amWell, for me the A.I is the single most important part so I have just to wait for the initial reviews then. Bugs could always be dealt with but not many companies put their efforts into improving the A.I engine.
I couldnt agree more! However the actual description of an AI algorithm is not that interesting for most of the players and frankly, it might also be quite boring for many of them.
KarlXII wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:06 amWill you make the manual public or at least show parts of it ?
Interesting question. We will discuss that but I personally don't see any reasons why we couldnt make it public. It is not a secret after all :wink:
DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by DonCzirr »

I just tried to play Civilization again.

In a few turns, Hamilcar Barca showed up to work for Rome.

This triggered an automatic removal script on my typing fingers and now I await the release of Aggressors ;)
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
KarlXII
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by KarlXII »

:D

Return to “Aggressors: Ancient Rome”