Aggressors: Ancient Rome - Release date & Preview stream announced!

A mix of deep gameplay and rich historical flavor, Aggressors: Ancient Rome lets you relive history as the ruler of one of the mighty civilizations of the ancient Mediterranean. Choose one of twenty available factions and conquer the world.
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Aggressors: Ancient Rome - Release date & Preview stream announced!

Post by AlbertoC »

Aggressors is the upcoming 4X strategy game developed by Kubat Software and published by Slitherine. It is an incredibly deep game set in the ancient Mediterranean and it gives players complete freedom to manage their faction as they see fit.

Well, guys, we now have a release date! Aggressors: Ancient Rome will be out on August 30th!

We will keep publishing our Dev Diaries as we have lots to show still, but in case this is the first time you hear of Aggressors don’t forget to check out the old dev diaries.

But there is more: If you would like to watch Aggressors live for the first time ever then tune in next week on August 2nd at 7 pm BST on our Twitch channel – the game’s producer Surtur will be playing the game live while the developers will be in the chat to answer all your questions. Don’t miss it!

Searry
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Aggressors: Ancient Rome - Release date & Preview stream announced!

Post by Searry »

Congratulations! :)
DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by DonCzirr »

Cool - out on Steam from the beginning? or would Steam come later ?
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

DonCzirr wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:16 pmCool - out on Steam from the beginning? or would Steam come later ?
Both will come out simultaneously and Steam release will include workshop for modding and scenarios sharing!
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

Thanks Pavel - you have just officially been entered into my Q3 budget ;)
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

My next game in the pipeline !!

Congrats to all involved :!:
balto
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by balto »

I just watched your Twitch. Wow!! Cannot wait. I was wondering three things; (1) when the two Roman units were adjacent to the Carthage unit in the South, was there a way they both could have combined their attack on the Carthage unit? In Twitch, the attack was carried out with just the one unit and they fought to a draw. (2) The 'battle predictor' where it says things like "Favorable".., etc.., is there a more in depth way of predicting the battle outcomes? (3) can you click something and see more detailed combat information so as to understand what works best, etc..,

Again, 100% buying this. Please do no another Twitch or YouTube..., loved it!!
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Hi Balto, thank you for watching the stream. We are really happy you liked it!
balto wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:58 am when the two Roman units were adjacent to the Carthage unit in the South, was there a way they both could have combined their attack on the Carthage unit? In Twitch, the attack was carried out with just the one unit and they fought to a draw.
It is a very good question and I hope we answered it in the last dev diary viewtopic.php?f=58&t=87182 in the part related to fend-off attack penalty. We didnt want to go to any kind of complicated group attacks but we definitely wanted to cover this aspect in a reasonable way into the battles. Basically if defender is attacked once, there is no penalty. If it is attacked two time in that turn, there is already a penalty, if it is attacked three times, there is even more penalty. This practically solves the group attacks you asked for in much simpler way. You can always see the penalties in the battle result window. Please be aware that the autoselection of the defender (if there are more defenders on a tile) takes this penalty into consideration and tries to avoid this penalty. I am just copy-pasting a post in our beta forum asking similar question:
The unit selected for defense is always the most powerful unit suitable for defending the particular attacker. Like I said most of the time it is the top (visible) unit. You dont have to worry that the game doesnt select the most suitable unit for defending. It might seem so sometimes but it is correct.
Example:
  1. You have two units on a tile, one unit with higher power and one with lower power.
  2. Enemy attacks the tile with those two your units.
  3. Your more powerful unit is selected for defense.
  4. Your unit doesnt get too much damage and is still more powerful than the other (your) unit on the attacked tile.
  5. Enemy attacks one more time.
  6. The weaker unit is selected for defense.

This is all correct, because your initially attacked unit would already have penalty for two defenses in one turn and the weaker unit doesnt have this penalty yet. It takes it into consideration and send the weaker unit to the battle.

balto wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:58 amThe 'battle predictor' where it says things like "Favorable".., etc.., is there a more in depth way of predicting the battle outcomes?
The battle predictor has two parts. The result prediction and the information about accuracy of such prediction. More accurate the prediction is the more you can trust what it says. Less accurate prediction means higher chance of surprise. Btw. there are many aspects involved in this prediction calculation.
The answer to your question is that this is the only way of battle prediction. We tried to stay away from any kind of percentage odds information about the battle prediction because it simply doesnt make sense at all. Or do you think that Alexander the Great had percentage of upcoming battle of the Persian Gate? And even he had these percentage, how accurate would they be? Percentages of winning the battle are simply nonsense and you have only the facts according which you can decide to either go into battle or withdraw.

All the available information related to a potential battle are also available in tooltip when you hover over an enemy unit. There is a list of known "facts" about enemy unit and all the facts about your unit. That's it. There are no percentage of winning chance, because it simply doesnt make sense.

balto wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:58 amcan you click something and see more detailed combat information so as to understand what works best, etc..,
It seems to be related to the previous question but if have any particular question not covered in previous answer, just ask please.
balto
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by balto »

I somehow missed this response. Thank you. I already took off work Friday (Aug 31) because I know I will be playing this till 4am. I do this whenever a high quality game comes out (I am an addict). Thanks for all of your work and responses.

Return to “Aggressors: Ancient Rome”