Game difficulty.

A mix of deep gameplay and rich historical flavor, Aggressors: Ancient Rome lets you relive history as the ruler of one of the mighty civilizations of the ancient Mediterranean. Choose one of twenty available factions and conquer the world.
stormbringer3
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Game difficulty.

Post by stormbringer3 »

If I change medium to easy some of the game options become unchecked. If I recheck them while still on easy, have I changed it back to medium even though it still says easy or will the difficulty be somewhere inbetween the two?
Thanks.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Re: Game difficulty.

Post by pavelk »

Hi stormbringer3,
this is by design. Once you open the Game options window, it will not automatically change again till you confirm that. The difficulty is not just about those settings. It is about AI behavior, resource production, etc.
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Thank you for the reply. When I do confirm all the medium game options on an easy difficulty setting, I'll have a harder game than the easy setting sets up?
Thanks again.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Yes and no. Yes, it will be more difficult than the default easy settings because you will need to take into consideration more things (army morale, general morale, etc.), but AIs will be more peaceful and also the production of resources will be higher (compared to medium with all features turned on).
Last edited by pavelk on Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Just what I wanted to know.
Thank you.
tyronec
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by tyronec »

Can you explain this some more.
The manual seems to say difficulty level only effects AI behavior. Does it also effect AI/player production, resources and so on ?
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

AI Difficulty affects only AI aggressivness and to what extent AI uses its resources (so the production is the same but it might not use all its resources to build armies, etc).
Production of human player is affected by Global game difficulty

Return to “Aggressors: Ancient Rome”