Anyone interested in Renaissance-themed dice?

Post any FoG related items for sale here

Moderators: terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

RonanTheLibrarian
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Anyone interested in Renaissance-themed dice?

Post by RonanTheLibrarian »

My club (Wessex Wargames Society) has just obtained nine sets of bespoke Renaissance-themed dice for our "Average Joes" competitions; the list is set out below, along with numbers of surplus dice still available. The dice can be obtained in appropriate colours (white or yellow with black spots, red, blue, purple or green with white spots) with a special design on the "6" side for each army. We recently purchased over 300 dice in nine designs, detailed below, which might appeal to some of you; the only proviso is that we must order a minimum of 25 dice of each design (be it a new design or an existing one). Price per unit is around 50-60 pence each, depending on how many we buy of each design, primary postage and packing, and secondary postage on to each of you (unless you wish to wait for a FoG:R tournament, in which case I can distribute them by hand. Provided we have a minimum of 25 per design, you can order as many, or as few, as you want - we can also print the same design on different coloured dice up as part of the minimum order (eg Ottoman could also be done on green dice, Valois on red).

If any of you wish to have a look at some of the surplus dice we still have left over, let me know and I can post you some at cost.

So far we have:-
- (1) Tudor #1 (Tudor Rose): Green dice/white spots/red and white rose
- (2) Tudor #2 (Tudor Dragon): Green dice/white spots/red dragon

- (3) Maximilian Imperial (Two-headed Eagle): Yellow dice/black spots/black eagle with red beak/claws
- (4) Spanish Imperial (Ragged Cross of Burgundy): Yellow dice/black spots/red "cross raguly"
- (5) Valois French (Fleur-de-Lys): Blue dice/white spots/gold fleur-de-lys
- (6) Stuart Scottish (Red Lion): Blue dice/white spots/red lion on yellow shield
- (7) Venetian Republic (Gold Lion): Red dice/white spots/gold winged lion
- (8) Milanese Republic (St George's Cross): Red dice/white spots/white shield with red cross
- (9) Ottoman Empire (Crescent Moon & Star): Red dice/white spots/white star and crescent

Items (1), (2), (3) and (5) were originally ordered by Stuart Mulligan (author/owner of the Army Royal blog on the 1513 army of Henry VIII in France), and he has agreed to us using the original designs and given permission to the dice printers.

We have the following dice left over and available for purchase @55p each, plus onward P&P, if desired:
(1) 9
(2) 15
(3) ALL SOLD [also good for Habsburg up to 1918]
(4) ALL SOLD [also good for Spanish up to Napoleonic]
(5) ALL SOLD [also good for Royalist French up to 1789]
(6) ALL SOLD [also good for anything before and up to Jacobite]
(7) ALL SOLD
(8) 14 [also good for ECW Parliamentarians/New Model Army or any English army up to 1707]
(9) ALL SOLD [also good for Ottoman Empire up to 1918 and Turkey thereafter]

Other designs can be made to order - suggestions to date include Papal (not PayPal!!! - crossed keys on red dice), Knights of St John (white cross on red dice), Covenanter (white saltire on blue dice) - but each will require an EPS Vector Graphic file (my son Patrick can deal with this if you send him a link); and each will, as said earlier, require a minimum order of 25 dice. Turn around is supposed to be 28 days, but we got all of our dice within a week or so, so we could get any "reprints" done in time for Xmas, otherwise we could probably have them in time for Godendag or Burton, or the ECW round at Oxford at the latest. Let me know on here as soon as possible.

One last point - this is not going to be a profit-making exercise; all dice will be supplied at cost (oh, and ignore my two "signature lines" below!!!).

[Edited twice 24/11/2018 to reflect more sales.]
Last edited by RonanTheLibrarian on Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
"No plan survives the first contact with the dice."

"There is something wrong with our bloody dice today!"
RonanTheLibrarian

Re: Anyone interested in Renaissance-themed dice?

Post by RonanTheLibrarian »

Now over 100 views and not one comment. Moves from "Interesting" to "Bizarre".
"No plan survives the first contact with the dice."

"There is something wrong with our bloody dice today!"

Return to “Marketplace”