Where are special maneuvers

Check Your 6 brings you in the middle of the World War II battles, with a turn-based strategy game that carries the spirit of the dogfights.
vicberg
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Where are special maneuvers

Post by vicberg »

Immelmans? Barrel Rolls? These are staples of any air combat game. Documentation says nothing. I can't find through the UI how to do this?
UP844
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Where are special maneuvers

Post by UP844 »

Move the stick at the centre, then move it down to make an Immelmann/Split-S. This will reverse the aircraft heading by 180°.

You can make a 120° heading change by further moving the stick left or right.

Then you will have to decide if you want to perform an Immelman (by setting a positive altitude change) or a Split-S (by setting a negative altitude change).
Immelman_Split-S.jpg
Immelman_Split-S.jpg (154.78 KiB) Viewed 5619 times
After a few attempts at Immelmanns, you will notice that even the best WW2 fighter is not a F-16 :mrgreen:.

I took the image from the game page and I think the image is slightly - but not significantly - different from the actual game interface. As far as I recall, the three stick position (straight, left or right Immelman/Split-S) are now aligned at the same level.
vicberg

Post by vicberg »

Awesome, thanks.

Next question. Is there an ability to side slip?
UP844

Post by UP844 »

You're welcome.

As regards to your question, move the stick on the first notch on the left/right: the plane will sideslip one hex in that direction (this is considered as a "straight" move for tailing purposes).

Return to “Check Your 6!”