Check Your 6! - Preview Stream Today

Check Your 6 brings you in the middle of the World War II battles, with a turn-based strategy game that carries the spirit of the dogfights.
Muso
Slitherine
Slitherine

Check Your 6! - Preview Stream Today

Post by Muso »

Check Your 6!'s release date is now just a month away, and after our last week's Dev Diary we're ready to show you some more of this game.

The Stream was live the 14th of February. If you missed it you can find it on our Twitch Channel and in our YouTube Channel.
Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Check Your 6! - Preview Stream Today

Post by Scutarii »

Nice, finally we are going to see it in movement... and know if game has or not skirmish-scen editor.

Lets see how deal with planes instead pike units and warbands :mrgreen:
Scutarii

Post by Scutarii »

The game is promising but lack of content in release is going to hurt it... no add France for me is a mistake because game cover battle of France to, not only battle of England, and need wait for skirmish-editor is not a good point to sell more.

Lets see if game can do like FOG2 and release "fast" a good pair of DLCs to expand content and has soon the skirmish mode+editor.

Other point is try play with customization of planes to made them less clonic and improve campaign to made it more attractive and not a simple sucesion of scens with no link between them.
vicco
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by vicco »

Great preview! Reminds me very much of AH-BigTime Software's Achtung Spitfire & Over the Reich games. These were developed for Windows 95. BigTime Software (BTS) was also responsible for Flight Commander 2 which was aerial combat in the jet age & for Combat Mission. BTS morphed into Battlefront & focused on Combat Mission.

Hope Check Your 6! Will be the spiritual successor for the 3 aerial combat games since it seems the game system can go into the jet age. Looking forward to this game! Hope it can follow the way FoG2 is developing...base game & system followed by DLCs on specific time periods.

Any chance that modding tools will be included to allow user-developed scenarios/campaigns whether actual or hypothetical (Zero vs Me 109 anyone?).
doc99
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by doc99 »

"Lets see if game can do like FOG2 and release "fast" a good pair of DLCs to expand content...."

Love what I saw and fully agree with the above...lining up DLCs to progress the campaign is key to maintaining interest in the game
Scutarii

Post by Scutarii »

I see more critical focus game first in skirmish, the campaign showed is very simple and needs more work that push game forward based in a more action orientated skirmish mode... to be fair the actual campaign is simple predefined scens linked very far from other older games or the FOG2 skirmish campaign.

I prefer see skirmish+content and later release a good campaign mode, with a full war campaign and battle focused campaigns where you can control pilots, planes, equipment (like add or not extra guns in your fighters to deal with bombers).

For me first 2 DLCs need expand combat areas... north africa and Pacific add diferent planes and give time to improve campaign before enter in longer linked combat periods and introduce ASAP skirmish mode and with next 2 DLCs introduce a much powerfull campaign system.
bssybeep
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by bssybeep »

A game like this needs to come with a skirmish mode.
Scutarii

Post by Scutarii »

If only lacks skirmish... release a game like this with no editor, no skirmish, very limited campaign and not offering more content... i cant understand why a game that covers battle of France CANT HAVE FRANCE... a game focused in the blitzkrieg could lack offer polish campaign or minors like Low Countries and Belgium (even when they are 5-6 planes more) but only offer germans and british is... imagine battle of britain with no english, well, is the same if you offer battle of France with no french :oops:

Game could be good and i really find interesting the post WWII part (specially starting in arab-israel wars) but as first release is very poor in content and lacking the real core of games like this that is skirmish even when is added later.

Return to “Check Your 6!”