Take a look at these please

A new title from Shenandoah Studio, the creators of Battle of the Bulge: March to Glory! Europe, beginning of the XIX century. Born from the ashes of the Ancient-Regime, the new French Empire is putting the old continent on fire, spreading the seeds of the Revolution
marshall Mayhem
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Take a look at these please

Post by marshall Mayhem »

Leipzig map. Custom battle
I'm in the woods (inf) and they are in the woods (Inf)
Attack or defend, shoot or charge I will suffer more.
The AI just seems to do better when the woods are involved.
AI cavalry attacks from the woods - even or they do a little better - sometimes a lot better.
My cavalry attacks from the woods and I seldom inflict casualties.

Attack a town (same town) - I need multiple units and 3 or more turns to take it.
I take a real beating shooting or attacking.
Defend a town - one enemy unit shoots and I shoot back - I will suffer more.
It's like I get nothing for defense from the town.
I get crushed from frontal attacks - again like the town is not there.

Pretty much with all things equal I get the worst of it almost always.

Right now I'm just playing to find things that do and don't feel right.
The maps with snow seem to be the most balanced so far.
I might be missing something here and there but I don't know what.
I'm only saying these things after a good many plays with the same results.

Anyway hope this helps.
debtmars

Re: Take a look at these please

Post by debtmars »

I am finding the Leipzig Campaign map extremely difficult, which may be intended. After 3 turns I have lost 1 calvary and 2 infantry units destroyed and almost half of the remaining unts (after receiving 4 reinforcements at the beginning of turn 3) are now at 50% to 67% effectiveness. This is certainly creating the disaster the French experienced, but as a gamer, I would like an opportunity to have some way (or goal) to win. To win I have to capture 3 towns, score +400 points more than the enemy or have more points than the enemy after 20 turns. Right now my points are at -86.

Part of the problem is caused by the inability to use the 2 starting artillery units after the first turn that start the game. There appears to be a bug on this map. The two French artillery units that start the game are located in the forest, the 6th Light and the 22nd Line. Prior to the commencment of the game, (after having disasterous results playing on this map the first time and deciding to play it again) I promoted both artillery to +2 Damage/-1 Movement and +2 Damage when Fighting in Forest. I used them both quite effectively on Turn 1. However, after the Allies attacks of Turn 1, both units were found "Marching" in place, without any orders, at the beginning of Turn 2. The 22nd Line was next to a Allies calvary attack on infantry in the forest which were next to it, but I have never seen artillery get up an run without receiving an attack. That may explain the 22nd Line's attempt to "Marching", but I can't understand why the 6th Light would do the same at the other end of the French battleline. I assume this is a bug, would someone please look into it?
debtmars

Post by debtmars »

I thought I would come back to this. Has anyone experienced similar results during a Campaign Game on the Leipzig map? I'm going back and try to play this game a third time, but I have to believe my entire force will be eliminated, or very close to it, by round 10 or 12. I don't see how I can reach any of the victory conditions. Any thoughts/comments?
debtmars

Post by debtmars »

Just completed my thhied attempt on the Leipzig map and, finally, success. Not sure what I did differently, but I was successful. However, I think I would have been successful with the second attempt if the problem with the artillery had not occured. I hope someone can take a look at that.
IonutG
Shenandoah
Shenandoah

Post by IonutG »

Hi guys,
Some of the maps are more difficult by design, you cal always change the difficulty settings. We will also investigate and tweak the maps further.Thank you!
debtmars

Post by debtmars »

IonutG wrote:Hi guys,
Some of the maps are more difficult by design, you cal always change the difficulty settings. We will also investigate and tweak the maps further.Thank you!

That is what I suspected. I do have another question. I notice many of the enemy units have promomtion symbols. However, on the LaRothiere map, I was attacking infantry with a promotion symbol of "+2 Defence while in Swamp". When in square formation in grassland, not in a swamp, adjacent artillery was only capable of inflicting a maximum of 1 damage (my infantry and calvary would suffer more damage when attacking the enemy, so I didn't make the attack), but enemy were repairing not only morale but any damage each turn. There was no promotion symbol for "+1 elimination of damage inflicted". It appears some units have additional promotions than what is visible by its symbol. This is an example of some of the issues I am experiencing which makes the enemy appear to be super human. I don't know if this is by design but it does make me scratch my head and wonder what is going on.

Return to “March to Glory”