The Rally Point (discussion and questions)

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Hendricus
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Draws . . .

Post by Hendricus »

I know that I get no points for a draw, as I am just an average player, points are a sideeffect of the results only. I see them as a tool to get opponents of the same calibre. It's not that I can't feed my kids if I draw a battle. IMC decided to press the attack between the small gap between the mountains. I can probably get in a few more shots as normal but as soon as melee starts my dream of shooting him to bits becomes a nightmare massacre. Still no regret of not trying another map. So I like the rating system but without having a sleepless night if I earn no points.
SimonLancaster
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by SimonLancaster »

I have two opposing experiences with draws or likely to be draws in the league. Let me just say there are draws and draws. I will post full commentary and pics once the games are over!
YouTube channel for Field of Glory 2: Ancients and Medieval.

https://www.youtube.com/@simonlancaster1815
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Latest statistics (to coincide with the tables published today) - we have had 85 results so far and only 2 of them have been draws, which is roughly 2.3% (or 1 in 42).
edb1815
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by edb1815 »

stockwellpete wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:24 am Latest statistics (to coincide with the tables published today) - we have had 85 results so far and only 2 of them have been draws, which is roughly 2.3% (or 1 in 42).
Were those 0-0 draws or did one player get points for 20% casualties inflicted?

Might be worth tracking those separately.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

edb1815 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:48 pm Were those 0-0 draws or did one player get points for 20% casualties inflicted
Might be worth tracking those separately.
No 0-0 draws yet, in both matches both players got the point for the draw. Yes, I will be tracking the two types of draw separately. :wink:
Herode_2
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: The Rally Point (discussion and questions)

Post by Herode_2 »

I'm OOH for a few days, and unable to play the current games. I'll be back saturday evening (GMT+2), sorry for the inconvenience
SimonLancaster

Post by SimonLancaster »

Don't worry.. we will make appropriate plans for you!

Barrold713
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Barrold713 »

Has anyone won with the Nabataeans yet? IMC went through the storm of arrows to shred my dudes in dirty bathrobes and massed archers like scythes through wet paper sacks. It seems like the common experience against the Zealots.
BDH
paulmcneil
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by paulmcneil »

@barrold713 me the same, had absolutely no chance against the Hebrew army, embarrassing
Paul McNeil
Barrold713

Post by Barrold713 »

paulmcneil wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:23 pm @barrold713 me the same, had absolutely no chance against the Hebrew army, embarrassing
Even worse, I had a great sloped hill in which I could layer 3 rows of archers. All the dirty bathrobe dudes had to do was hold them in the rough terrain that flanked both sides of the hill. The archers were laying waste to 50 at a time but the Zealots waded up the hill swinging clubs made of palm trees they uprooted in one zealous tug.

:mrgreen:

BDH
Ludendorf

Post by Ludendorf »

One trick that might work is throwing out your lancers ahead of your infantry line. Infantry find it very painful to charge lancers, so you'll either paralyse at least six elements of the enemy line (three for each lancer's ZOC) or get at least one good swing in before they swarm you...

...I can't say I've put my money where my mouth is on that match up yet though. And you'd better shield those exposed lancers from enemy skirmishers. Maybe bring them forward at the last moment or something; a skirmisher screen can help, but can be distracted or driven off, and might get in the way of your archers firing. The Nabataean camels and horse archers can also be good for harassing the flanks. Basically, anything you can do to slow down that heaving mass of zealots and pick off as many juicy irregular foot as you can will help.
nyczar
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by nyczar »

I think I saw that there was one win by Nabateans.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

nyczar wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:09 pm I think I saw that there was one win by Nabateans.
Yes, there was one in the From Maurya to Alaric section where the Nabataeans had favourable hilly terrain against the Jewish army.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Latest statistics (to coincide with the tables published today) - we have had 167 results so far and only 3 of them have been draws, which is roughly 1.8% (or 1 in 56). None have been agreed 0-0 draws.
cromlechi

Post by cromlechi »

When does a game officially end. Is it when the screen comes up announcing the victor?. I ask as I agreed a game was a draw but the turn came back 25 of 24 moves and said I had won but this seemed to be over the turn limit. Just a little.confused.
SimonLancaster

Post by SimonLancaster »

cromlechi wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:33 pm When does a game officially end. Is it when the screen comes up announcing the victor?. I ask as I agreed a game was a draw but the turn came back 25 of 24 moves and said I had won but this seemed to be over the turn limit. Just a little.confused.
Yes, it was our game.. I told Pete about the 60%. I thought that an army would only rout after you got to your next turn. I went from 55% to 63% on that very last turn. The game then ended. I thought like you that it could be a draw.

Pete said that if you are on 60% after turn 24 then you are defeated..

cromlechi

Post by cromlechi »

Sorry still a little confused. Are you saying it was a draw or I should have declared a win. Not overly bothered but good to know for future reference. Thanks for being honest and querying it.
SimonLancaster

Post by SimonLancaster »

I don’t know about the turn 25 business. Maybe someone can clarify.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

I also found it a bit confusing at first when I had a long game, but I understand now that both players get 24 turns before nightfall. So your match had not quite finished when cromlechi posted the result as a draw. Maybe Richard will come along and explain it better than me?
SimonLancaster

Post by SimonLancaster »

What confused me was don't you usually have to get to your own next turn for the 60% rout to come into place?

I routed before getting to my next turn. But, maybe this is an exception as game is over..

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”