The Dustbin

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

DzonVejn
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Here are the divisions for Late Antiquity

Post by DzonVejn »

Do we post challenges here, in the thread with applications or somewhere else? (after 1st of Feb, of course)
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

DzonVejn wrote:Do we post challenges here, in the thread with applications or somewhere else? (after 1st of Feb, of course)
There will be new separate threads for challenges and reporting results. They will start appearing later on this week. :wink:
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Really nice and clear. Looking at the Division I am in (Division B) I look forward to playing those in Division C next season :D :D
Lancier

Re: Classical Indian is full. Reserve list only.

Post by Lancier »

So stockwellpete , we complete 3xround1 battles in 21 days, next 3xround2 battles in 21 days and final 3xround3 battles in 21 days and complete the Classical Indian in 63 days? and we are not given a FOG2 Digital rating cause ours total make 9 battles? confused sorry. :roll:
Players who have completed 15 tournament matches will be given a FOG2 Digital rating.
GdD Colbert * TWC Co-founder & Admin

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Lancier wrote:So stockwellpete , we complete 3xround1 battles in 21 days, next 3xround2 battles in 21 days and final 3xround3 battles in 21 days and complete the Classical Indian in 63 days? We are given a FOG2 Digital rating? tho ours make 9 battles total?
Players who have completed 15 tournament matches will be given a FOG2 Digital rating.

You will play 9 games in total in this section in Season 1. If this is the only section that you play in then that is not enough for a FOG2 Digital rating. So next season if you enter just one section that will give you another 9 matches, making 18 in total, so then you will get a FOG2DL rating. Players entering two league sections this time will all get a FOG2DL rating.
Lancier

Post by Lancier »

Ah ok, even if it makes total 12 istead of 15?.. with indian(9) + themed "group stage(3)" only for example? ok.
stockwellpete wrote: Players entering two league sections this time will all get a FOG2DL rating.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Lancier wrote:Ah ok, even if it makes total 12 istead of 15?.. with indian(9) + themed "group stage(3)" only for example? ok.
stockwellpete wrote: Players entering two league sections this time will all get a FOG2DL rating.
The themed event is different from the league sections. You have to play 15 matches to get your rating. playing 12 does not get you a rating.
Lancier

Post by Lancier »

Got you, thanks.

Lancier

Re: From Cyrus to Tigranes is full. Reserve list only.

Post by Lancier »

Reserve please, thanks. ^^

In fact i want to participate one more league than Classical Indian(I am already in) (doesnt matter which) if seat becomes available, either "From Cyrus to Tigranes", "Classical Antiquity" or "Late Antiquity"... If a seat opens in one of the 3 then i want to drop from the other 2 reserve seats...

Lancier

Re: Classical Antiquity is full. Reserve list only.

Post by Lancier »

In fact i want to participate one more league than Classical Indian(I am already in) (doesnt matter which) if seat becomes available, either "From Cyrus to Tigranes", "Classical Antiquity" or "Late Antiquity"... If a seat opens in one of the 3 then i want to drop from the other 2 reserve seats...

Code: Select all

1)Roman 199-106 BC
2)Rhoxolani 350-24 AD
3)Lysimachid 320-281 BC

Lancier

Re: Late Antiquity is full. Reserve list only.

Post by Lancier »

Code: Select all

1. Roman 105-25 BC
2. Ancient British 60 BC - 80 AD
3. Seleucid 124-63 BC

herm
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Themed Event just 1 place left!

Post by herm »

Hello, you can count me in please.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Themed Event just 1 place left!

Post by stockwellpete »

This section is now full. Reserve list only. If you wish to be on the reserve list please post your name in this thread.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: The tournament will open on February 1st

Post by stockwellpete »

So we are full up now, all places are taken. It took us just 7 days to complete the main recruitment process, which is a bit quicker than I remember for the earlier FOG1DL. We have 79 players registered in total, which is only 4 short of the FOG1DL record. As we gradually build up the tournament season by season and new armies become available, I think we will soon be attracting around 100 players each time. I would like to thank everyone who has helped with the recruitment process, talking to other players and forwarding messages and suchlike. The reserve lists will stay open as we need to get a few extra players for each section to cover any early departures. There are bound to be one or two who don't get started. Most seasons this has happened.

This week I will first of all be posting the divisional lists for each section. Late Antiquity has already been released. And then by the weekend I will have released the army lists so that you will all have about 10 days to practice with your designated armies. Finally, the fixture schedules for the Themed Event, Classical Indian and From Cyrus to Tigranes will be posted up on January 31.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Here are your armies for Classical Antiquity

Post by stockwellpete »

Divisions for Classical Antiquity

Division A
edb1815
ianiow
klayeckles
mceochaidh
mst007
NikiforosFokas
rbodleyscott
Snugglebunnies
Valdavia
wolf blitzee

Division B
Aryaman
devoncop
Dortmund
ggarynorman
Lysimachos
MikeC_81
Najanaja
rexhurley
shadowblack
shawkhan2

Division C
batesmotel
Cunningcairn
Ironclad
majandro
Nixoncc
nyczar
Peterabb
Trogilus
Ulysisgrunt
XLegione

Division D
Asterix_von_TWC
Conaire
cromlechi
eddieballgame
Gray Nemesis
Hendricus
MikeMUC
SpeedyCM
tofman04
Tresantes

Division E
76mm
Barrold713
Bluefin
dkalenda
gamercb
KLT1963
klynner
pbuck777
simpleninja
Zardoz02
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Match completion, time controls and the reserve list . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

Reserve lists are a very important part of the FOG2DL. They will be used quite frequently to fill gaps from players who withdraw from the league before, or at the start. So it is not a pointless exercise putting your name down as vacancies can arise very quickly for all sorts of reasons. Sometimes "real life" issues will mean that a player just does not have the time to play and sometimes a player will just change their mind and not wish to play. Occasionally a player will lose their first couple of matches quite heavily and their enthusiasm for the tournament disappears. If you come across someone who is interested in joining the tournament try and get them to put their names down as a reserve.

The tournament needs reserves on the following basis . . .

Themed event - two Pool A reserves and two Pool B reserves
Classical Antiquity - three Division A/B reserves and three Division C/D/E reserves
Late Antiquity - three Division A/B reserves and three Division C/D/E reserves
From Cyrus to Tigranes - two Division A reserves and three Division B/C reserves
Classical Indian - two Division A reserves and two Division B reserves
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

From Cyrus to Tigranes: arrange your matches here

Post by stockwellpete »

From Cyrus to Tigranes

Instructions

The fixture list will be published in stages, the first three rounds of matches will be released on February 1st, the second three on February 15th, and the final three on March 1st. Players are free to play matches in any order once they have been released.

Either player may set up the challenge in this section. Remember to PM your opponent as well as placing the challenge and password in this thread.

For matches in this section players will select "Open Battle" and will field a "Medium" army and choose a "Medium" battlefield unless otherwise directed. Players are free to customise their army before each battle so "Default" is the correct Force Selection option. Terrain will always be "Pot Luck" unless otherwise specified. There are no exceptions to this standard set-up for a match. Players will also need to download jomni's Silk Road multiplayer mod (versions 1.0 and 1.1).

If a match is set-up incorrectly for any reason then it must be re-started as soon as possible.

The final % scores for each player are taken from the in-battle display in the top left-hand corner of the screen and not the Final Losses screen that appears after the battle has ended where losses are adjusted for wounded and deserted troops.

Reporting the result of a match is the responsibility of the winning player. However, if you are the loser in a match and notice that the result has not been posted within 24 hours please post the result yourself. This helps to keep the league tables up to date.

Please be sure to familiarise yourself with both the Rules of Competition and the Players' Guide.

The Rules are here . . . http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 01&t=80755
The Guide is here . . . http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 01&t=81008

The match-ups are as follows . . .

Round 1) Tigranes Armenians (83-69BC) v Atropatenes (144BC-226AD)
Round 2) Ancient British (60BC-80AD) v Scots-Irish (50BC-476AD)
Round 3) Indo-Parthians (60BC-130AD) v Indo-Skythians (95BC-50AD)
Round 4) Kushan (130BC-476AD) v Graeco-Bactrians (250-130BC)
Round 5) Di (200BC-300AD) v Chinese (99BC-23AD)
Round 6) Pontics (110-85BC) v Bosporans (348-85BC)
Round 7) Romans (340-281BC) v Samnites (355-272BC)
Round eight) Carthage (262-236BC) v Spain (300-100BC)
Round 9) Lydians (550-546BC) v Achaemenid Persians (550-546BC)
mhladnik
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Classical Antiquity is full. Reserve list only.

Post by mhladnik »

Heck, I can be on this reserve list now :)

1. Thracian 350 BC - 46 AD
2. Roman 199-106 BC
3. Carthaginian 235-146
Spectre195
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Spectre195 »

When do we find out our armies?
cromlechi
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by cromlechi »

Yes, I'm itching to know which poor army gets me as a commander.

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”