The Rally Point (discussion and questions)

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: The Rally Point

Post by devoncop »

That would correspond to my thoughts above.....30% seems more realistic.
mhladnik
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by mhladnik »

The "30% or more" + "less than 20%" settings make a dramatic difference:

Bonus win point: 37 %
Nothing: 39 %
Bonus loss point: 24 %
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

mhladnik wrote:The "30% or more" + "less than 20%" settings make a dramatic difference:

Bonus win point: 37 %
Nothing: 39 %
Bonus loss point: 24 %
I like that pattern very much. So about one in three winners get a bonus point and one in four losers do. Hmm . . . I think this might be the way to go.
mhladnik

Post by mhladnik »

I agree! Data science (light) to the rescue ;)
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

The adjudication committee, in its infinite wisdom :D , has decided that that a winning bonus point will be awarded in the Classical Indian section if a player wins a match by 30% or more, and a losing bonus point will be awarded if a player loses by less than 20%.
MikeC_81
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by MikeC_81 »

Any chance we could get challenge forums or threads soon. Even if we can't start right away, it would be nice to have matches lined up and ready to go. I am moving end of Feb. Shouldn't really lose much time at all but I want to organize and finish a set of games before then.
Stratford Scramble Tournament

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=494&t=99766&p=861093#p861093

FoG 2 Post Game Analysis Series on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKmEROEwX2fgjoQLlQULhPg/
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

MikeC_81 wrote:Any chance we could get challenge forums or threads soon. Even if we can't start right away, it would be nice to have matches lined up and ready to go. I am moving end of Feb. Shouldn't really lose much time at all but I want to organize and finish a set of games before then.
If I put them up now some people will start playing so it will be another week or so. I opened up the recruitment phase a bit earlier than usual for this first competition because I wanted to be sure that I had enough time to do everything. As it happens, things have gone very smoothly and there haven't been any problems. As a result players have got a bit longer to practice with their armies and there is still the last round of the Holiday tournament for people to complete (starting today). The recruitment phase will be shorter for Season 2, probably around 15 or 16 days instead of the 23 we had for this first season.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

There is a slight change to Rule 5 to cover all eventualities in The Themed Event . . .

The rule did say that . . .

"If two or more players finish on the same number of points at the end of the season, the player with the most wins will be placed higher in the table. If two or more players have the same number of wins then the committee will look at the result(s) of the matches between those players to ascertain the final placing in the league table."

This worked very well for the league sections but it would not resolve a possible situation in the Themed Event, at the group stage, where in a group 3 players, each wins 2 matches and loses one (and the other player loses all 3 matches). The situation would still be deadlocked.

So, instead, Rule 5 will now say . . .

*If two or more players finish on the same number of points at the end of the season, the player with the most wins will be placed higher in the table. If two or more players have the same number of wins then the results of the matches between those two or more players will determine the final positions in the league table. Where these results still do not separate the players the players will be considered to have "tied" and will be given equal standings in the final league tables.

In the Themed Event, however, where it is necessary to separate players in the final tables at the group stage to decide who progresses to the knock-out phase, the points aggregate from the matches between the players with the same number of wins will be used to decide the final places in the group table. If this still does not separate the players then lots will be drawn to determine which player(s) proceed to the next stage of the competition."
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

That all makes sense Pete. I should have asked before....are the points totals used the % as the battle is won..is 62% to 35% for example of that shown on the victory screen when the winning sides losses are usually much lower to take into account no wounded or prisoners?
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

devoncop wrote:That all makes sense Pete. I should have asked before....are the points totals used the % as the battle is won..is 62% to 35% for example of that shown on the victory screen when the winning sides losses are usually much lower to take into account no wounded or prisoners?
Yes, as the battle is won. Ignore the subsequent screen.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

For those of you playing in the Classical Indian and the From Cyrus to Tigranes sections, I have slightly amended the dates on which the matches (in batches of three) will be released. Matches 1-3 will be released on February 1st as before, but Matches 4-6 will be released on the earlier date of February 15th and Matches 7-9 will also be released a bit earlier on March 1st. That should give players a bit more flexibility to arrange their matches to suit their available playing time.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Two changes in From Cyrus to Tigranes

Round 3 will now feature Indo-Parthians (60BC-130AD) v Indo-Skythians (95BC-50AD) and not Indo-Parthians v Indo-Greeks.

Round 5 will now have the Chinese (99BC-23AD) v Di (200BC-300AD) instead of Jewish v Seleucids.

This is to make the match-ups fairer.
Ironclad
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by Ironclad »

Re the assignment of armies for the group stage of the themed event. Can I assume that the order in which the names appear in each group list determines the army selection. So as I'm the third name in my division I get the third army listed ie The Seleucids?

Apologies if I've managed to miss something obvious. If I haven't and this is the case it may be useful to spell this out more clearly.

Thanks Pete for all your hard work on the leagues.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Ironclad wrote:Re the assignment of armies for the group stage of the themed event. Can I assume that the order in which the names appear in each group list determines the army selection. So as I'm the third name in my division I get the third army listed ie The Seleucids?

Apologies if I've managed to miss something obvious. If I haven't and this is the case it may be useful to spell this out more clearly.

Thanks Pete for all your hard work on the leagues.
No, each player will fight with 3 of the 4 Diadochi armies. I will put up the first round of matches on January 31 and they will have to be completed in around 11 days. Then I will announce the second round of matches and everyone will swap armies - and the same thing happens again for the third and last round of group matches. It makes it more exciting to have a schedule where everyone is playing at the same pace.
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

Thanks. That's good.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

The Diadochi armies for the group stage of the Themed Event are as follows . . .

Antigonid (320-301BC)
Lysimachid (320-281BC)
Seleucid (301-206BC)
Ptolemaic (320-167BC)
MikeC_81
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by MikeC_81 »

3 Cheers to Pete

The amount of work required just posting all of this is intense. Thanks for running the show
Stratford Scramble Tournament

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=494&t=99766&p=861093#p861093

FoG 2 Post Game Analysis Series on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKmEROEwX2fgjoQLlQULhPg/
76mm
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by 76mm »

I'm in four sections and have posted several challenges and accepted TWO. I tried to accept a third challenge and received a message saying "Too many challenges accepted today." I was not able to accept a third challenge.

Um, this does not seem to have been thought through--clearly there should be no limit on accepting private challenges, especially for league, tournament, or campaign play. If I can only accept two challenges per day it may significantly reduce my ability to meet the league timelines, etc.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

MikeC_81 wrote:3 Cheers to Pete

The amount of work required just posting all of this is intense. Thanks for running the show

+100 :D

Amazing job.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

76mm wrote:I'm in four sections and have posted several challenges and accepted TWO. I tried to accept a third challenge and received a message saying "Too many challenges accepted today." I was not able to accept a third challenge.

Um, this does not seem to have been thought through--clearly there should be no limit on accepting private challenges, especially for league, tournament, or campaign play. If I can only accept two challenges per day it may significantly reduce my ability to meet the league timelines, etc.
Well, this is the first that I've heard of this issue. Is the limit really 2 matches per day? I'll ask Richard about it today. I do not think it should affect your ability to complete all your matches though. The tournament runs for 73 days so there will be plenty of time to arrange all your fixtures. :wink:

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”