Damage Calculation

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
balto
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Damage Calculation

Post by balto »

I bought this when it first came out and played a lot. I restarted abut 5 days.., man, I forgot how great this game is - but I have so many games.., I know most of you can relate. Anyway, I have a question on Damage Reduction.

If possible, could someone give me about 3 or 50 examples of how the calculations would work for some units? Not the single weapon types (SM has a bolter, etc), but the ones that have multiple weapons. Like maybe a Doomsday ark vs a tank, then a Annihaltor Barge vs a tank.., anything to mix it up. I think I understand the calculations, but sometimes I am lost, examples would be great appreciated.

Also, when the weapons have a special feature (BLAST, etc..) .., unless I am missing something, no way the GUI helps you with that. I believe you have to go into the Encyclopedia and read it.., and then, I still do not understand them. But, I have no problem not understanding the special features, just a sound understanding of the basics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and again, awesome.., awesome, AWESOME game!
balto
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Something appears to not be working: Damage Calculation

Post by balto »

I started a new game as AM. Turn 6 I ran into a Neophite Hybrid, both of us in the Forest. I suffered 4 HP loss. The math works great, IF I do NOT USE the Range Reduction. My question is, is Range Reduction for Range weapons only apply when they are beyond 1 hex? I think it does, here is the math:

Neophyte - attacker
AutoGun x6 (1x6)
Dam 1
AP 0
Acc 50%
Trait, Rapid Fire (x2)
Total Fire power is 6 = (1x6x1)(50%)(x2)

Guardsmen (5 units) - defender (me)
AP 4 (AutoGun has 0 AP)
Effect on Fire due to Armor Advantage = 33%
Forest 33%
Total Damage modifier = 66%

Damage calculation
6 x 66% = 2

Result was a loss of 4, so either the Accuracy Reduction at 1 hex is not working or the Forest is not working.

And SECONDLY and more confusing, my return fire is 3.1? I have a Lasergun (x7), so it should have been either a 2.3 or a 4.6. How you get 3.1.., no idea.

Any help/clarity greatly appreciated
balto
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

# of model matter? Damage Calculation

Post by balto »

I was also wondering, if I lose one of the 7 Guardsmen units (leaving a total of 6), is it correct to assume my weapons go from 7 down to 6? I think so, but just checking.

Thanks again for bearing with me.
balto
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Okay, last comment.., I think - Damage Calculation

Post by balto »

So I moved another of my Guardsmen adjacent to attack the Neophyte. The Damage was 3.6. So that kind of verifies that Ranged weapons are not handicapped by Range when they are 1 hex away. PS - I also do not understand why the damage should have been 3.5, not the 3.6.

So why was my first counterattack a 3.1, and then when I move up another Guardsmen, I now have a 3.6? this is about a 14% reduction.., is that some form of Ambush Penalty?

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”