Units swapping?

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
ss7877
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Units swapping?

Post by ss7877 »

Hi all.
Any news about ability to swap units ?

I remember, it was in the plans of developers but still no info about this.

Best regards, ss7877
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Re: Units swapping?

Post by Parallax »

I remember too
ss7877

Post by ss7877 »

up
ss7877

Post by ss7877 »

16 jul 2018
https://steamcommunity.com/app/489630/d ... 9929945959
void Developer wrote:Yeah having to use a third tile for swapping is annoying (especially for AM and Orks). Direct swaps is on the TODO list and I hope we'll get to it this or next week.
Still no unit swapping.
Please Slitherine, tell us something about subj.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

Swapping could be best too for SM, at least like I play them, 'classical' mass of TacticalInf and Predators.
How is this in the tabletop game? can the figures be swapped?
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

I tried to play it a bit this week end between 2 Empires sessions ;-) and my son too, but we got confused by something. Perhaps that's old age coming up.

When you order a movement, even if you spend only 1 MP, all the unit movement allowance is spent! I don't remember it was working like that in the first versions of the game (or I'm tired). This is rather difficult to explore without getting ambushed now.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
springel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by springel »

Pocus wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:33 amWhen you order a movement, even if you spend only 1 MP, all the unit movement allowance is spent! I don't remember it was working like that in the first versions of the game (or I'm tired). This is rather difficult to explore without getting ambushed now.
It confused me as well at first, but it is mentioned in the manual, so I guess it is a feature :D
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

Pocus wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:33 amPerhaps that's old age coming up.
When you order a movement, even if you spend only 1 MP, all the unit movement allowance is spent! I don't remember it was working like that in the first versions of the game (or I'm tired). This is rather difficult to explore without getting ambushed now.
Yes it's a feature, since I bought the game at release (I was not in beta nor in an early). I was some disturbed at first, but learnt to appreciate it. So Pocus is tired by developping his Empires game :)
For WH40K game, I think it's a good feature, yes for it is stressing exploring, like it should in this wild though background setting. It feels more wild deep mysterious and merciless dangerous jungle. We must learn and have some luck, and never being alone, or risk dying. Only good scouts are allowed not counting too much on luck and may dare going lone.
SpaceMarines are hero, but not cowboys. Those who survive know they still must count on each other, better than on luck (other name of a Chaos god?).
Too this game comes from a tabletop game which is more easy to manage like that.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Thanks for the precision. I thus had a senior moment! If that's a feature since the start, all good! Makes exploration tense indeed :-)
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”