Hero spamming

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
ttrakes
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Hero spamming

Post by ttrakes »

Has there been any talk about toning down heroes and\or increasing the cost of having duplicates?

We have two players, myself, Space Marines and the Necron player, that are running around the board with three level 7 heroes by turn 50\60. Two Captains and one Zealous for me.

Yes they can be killed, ignored, etc... but hero spamming for Orks, Necron and SP have become part of the game. Not game breaking but still something that is bad for the game.

Thoughts?
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Hero spamming

Post by ErissN6 »

Yes, the total number of heroes allowed should be limited by the number of cities/enhancements we have.
Like you I play a minimum roleplay, I dislike spamming heroes.
Kabookie
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Hero spamming

Post by Kabookie »

i can only talk from a multiplayer experience but you are correct in that you need heros, for the early to mid game. When you reach tier 7ish heros start to drop off in effectiveness. Most Factions with the exception of orks and AM will likely not build many heros, by not many i mean no more than 1 or 2 of each one and generally only 2 of the 3 except for AM and ORKS, specifically orks but still AM to a lesser.

Each new hero of the same type increases in cost, it isnt cost effective to build too many cause you will have no influence for anything else (fortresses, rapid rise, edicts, ork upkeep, items, etc).

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”