Kastelan Robots - any weaknesses?

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
MartiusR
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Kastelan Robots - any weaknesses?

Post by MartiusR »

I was recently trying to finish quests for Astra Militarum - however last mission with flood of Kastelan Robots is sick! I was trying with Leman Russ tanks and Heavy Weapon Squads, but while good old Leman Russ can withstand some hits from Robots, they'redealing rather mediocre damage. Heavy Weapon teams are dying incredibly quickly, even when I'm trying to cover them with tanks. Artillery and Hydra tanks are too weak for them. I'm not even going to mention basic Guardsmen, they're dying fast under fire of those robots.

Any suggestions, what shall I do/use as Astra Militarum to defeat those pesky robots in time limit?
Xilmi
Pandora Community Developer
Pandora Community Developer

Re: Kastelan Robots - any weaknesses?

Post by Xilmi »

Well... the things you tried to use were correct. Their weakness are units with high-armor and high single-target-damage so using Leman Russ and Heavy Weapon-Squads was correct. Also both units can outrange them.
I guess you just didn't have enough.
HW-squads should be the more cost-efficient unit in this regard as the Leman-Russ' blast-trait is a bit wasted on the Kastellans.
GodwinW
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by GodwinW »

Thunderbolts. At 3 range. That's how I easily mopped them up. I had somewhere around 9 Thunderbolts or so and I went in from the sea so they couldn't get into range mostly.
MartiusR
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by MartiusR »

Thanks a lot for replies. I think that I'll try first with bulk of Leman Russ tanks, if it won't work, I'll include Thunderbolts. Or just get rid of those pesky robots with one of those (or both) combined with BANEBLADE(s)! (although it's incredibly expensive). Surprisingly, I've never produced so far any air unit during playing as AM.

Annoying thing is that Robots are placed randomly. When I've noticed for the first time that I will waste too much time on travelling to other side of map, I've loaded earlier save state and started to mass units close to area where robots were spawned. And of course... They were spawned in completely different place, on the bottom of the map (where I had my main city and units transported on the north. Arrrgh.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

MartiusR wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:37 am get rid of those pesky robots. will waste too much time on travelling to other side of map,
You don't have to clean all to win, only other players. I usely let the wilds alone if they don't bother.
EDIT: Okay sorry.
Last edited by ErissN6 on Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MartiusR
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by MartiusR »

@ErissN6 - but I'm talking about fullfilling final quest for AM, not about winning the map with obliterating all other players. And in this case you'll need to destroy all Kastelan Robots surrounding traitorous Tech Priest
Taare
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Taare »

so depends on how developed you are, by that stage you should be very powerful, AM has the best airforce in the game, that's a shame you haven't tried them, maurauders are fantastic :)
anyhow, there is nothing wrong with using the basilisk, what you have to when using them is surrounding a commisar or 2, his accuracy and AP buff is insane, you should stay away from heavy weapons squads unless they stay in cities, and even then... they die to easily, i personally do not builld the barracks with AM. the tank commander has another 2 insane abilities that pair up well with a baneblade and other tanks, the up to +30% dmg and strike and shroud, the robots and hydras are all ranged so the smoke is a huge buff, without spending action points. keep a couple of enginseers in the way back, to repair damaged vehicles.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”