Expansion

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
Sangaras
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Expansion

Post by Sangaras »

I'm wondering what the advantages are to expanding. I've played mostly astra militarum and orks and have had the most success just building a metropolis. I play with normal loyalty bonus for myself and have only played highest difficulty ai for reference. I've tried a few ways of expanding early and expanding later but the hits to loyalty and the time it takes for the second settlement to be even remotely helpful just don't seem worth it.
The idea with a second city is more production right? (one city seems fine)
side question, how high do you value loyalty?
Dwarf_power
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Expansion

Post by Dwarf_power »

For one, you get to build unit producing structures closer to the front lines, especially since transport units don't arrive until tier 7 or later.
Zak0r
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Zak0r »

First you get another main building which boosts your early economy and second you get another city that grows population so in the long run you can have more buildings producing resources or units.
KDubya

Post by KDubya »

A new city gets you +6 to every resource at the cost of some loyalty. Drop a new loyalty building in every city whenever you build a new city and you stay ahead by far.

New cities let you specialize, especially with Astra Militarum and their edicts. Build one city near Ore Fields, build lots of ore refineries and run the plus ore edict, do the same for a troop builder city with the bonus cog tiles, have one city make tanks while another makes bombers.

Multiple cities are how you out econ the enemy. If you only want a metropolis go with Space Marines, they do that much better than anyone else.
sIg3b
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by sIg3b »

KDubya wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:48 pm A new city gets you +6 to every resource at the cost of some loyalty. Drop a new loyalty building in every city whenever you build a new city and you stay ahead by far.

New cities let you specialize, especially with Astra Militarum and their edicts. Build one city near Ore Fields, build lots of ore refineries and run the plus ore edict, do the same for a troop builder city with the bonus cog tiles, have one city make tanks while another makes bombers.

Multiple cities are how you out econ the enemy. If you only want a metropolis go with Space Marines, they do that much better than anyone else.
Excellent advice. I was sceptical about expansion, but you convinced me.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”