Chapter VI SMarines quest

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Chapter VI SMarines quest

Post by ErissN6 »

With patch 1.06 (SM boosted, quest units appearing appart on the map), the dlc and the quests before Chap.VI are good now.
However, quest VI is impossible to be done as victory condition of the game: it's always appearing after the elimination victory, and it's even very long (Huge planet, very slow pace: quest victory at turn 329 = 33 turns after my victory by elimination).

The goals of both parts of Chap.VI should be better worded, as at the end of 1st part I thought there was a bug as I didn't survived 20 turns. So maybe word as this:
1st part: "Repeal invasion before 20 turns."
2nd part: "Survive reinforced invasion for 10 turns."

The texts of part2 says we have to defend too the bunkers, in addition of the relic, but it's wrong.

There should even be a 'part zero', before 1st part, warning about the invasion, letting us at least 5 turns (even 10!) to prepare (bring back the troops from the front).
In fact I had those turns, because Chap.VI appears long after the end of Chap.V, and I could prepare because I had already test the quest one time before, so there is time to Chap.VI to start earlier with the warning 'PartZero'.

To make short:
_ questing is far too long, we always win by elimination before
_ Chapt.VI needs a warning part
_ goals, or even texts, of Chap.VI have to be better worded (there even are no bunkers in the goals of part2)
ErissN6

Re: Chapter VI SMarines quest

Post by ErissN6 »

I succedeed in winning by questing.

But I first had to force myself, to back off my armies from the fronts to prepare the soon invasion on me.
I wonder what's the point of Chapt.VI, as it comes when we at least start to prevail.
Maybe it's a way of winning in the thougher difficulty? if we don't succeed in conquiering the map.
Or maybe the quest win is made for those who prefer to defend than to attack?

And once we win by questing, we can continue the game as if we didn't destroy all and the planet... :/
Chapt.VI is really bad: its story gives us the classical elimination victory, so it removes the point in continuing.
ErissN6

Chapter III SMarines quest

Post by ErissN6 »

Maybe that would bad that I open a thread for other chapters of Smarines quests...
So: Chapter III SMarines quest

Often one of the 3 spots to be visited is behind enemy stronghold.
I try to reach it last with the librarian.
. If I can't, often it makes me destroying the faction, and even win the game. So, victory, end of the quests if we don't want to continue the game 'for the fun'.
. If I can reach it, then I think it's in this last spot that the necrons spawn infinitely. And as it's behind the enemy, I no longer care the quests as those necrons will bother the enemy instead of me. So, end of the quests too...

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”