Totally confused - how does multiplayer work?

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
TomBombadil711
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Totally confused - how does multiplayer work?

Post by TomBombadil711 »

Is it similar to other PBEM++ games, can I play whenever I am able to do or do I have to stay connected while my opponent plays his turn? Also, where do I find my games? I can only see one long list of games and it is a pain to find the one I am part of. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.
eddieballgame
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Totally confused - how does multiplayer work?

Post by eddieballgame »

I have not done the Steam Lobby thing yet. I have played a few hours per Direct IP.
It worked flawlessly & I can't wait to play again this weekend.
FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by FroBodine »

That doesn't answer TomBombadil's question. I would love to understand how the multiplayer works in this game, too.
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

As I stated, I have not used the 'lobby' yet. From what I have been reading...there are some issues involving the Steam Lobby.
I, generally, don't know how any game works via mp/internet. I just know that Direct IP allowed me to connect with a friend & it "worked" flawlessly. He asked how mp worked, I let him know what my experience was per that question.
As per PBEM++ it has already been addressed, there is none.
If PBEM++ was implemented then no, one would not have to stay connected per Slitherene's PBEM++ mechanics.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The game is live head to head and all players move simultaneously. There are a few issues with the lobby which we;re hoping to resolve ASAP. The next update should resolve at least some of these issues.
FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by FroBodine »

Thank you, ebg and Iain.

eddieballgame - I meant no disrespect. It just seemed like Tom asked a question, and you went off on a tangent about a completely different type of multiplayer. But, you're right, all is good. I never play direct connection, so I assumed his questions were focused on the lobby and random player matchmaking.

I look forward to the improved multiplayer lobby.
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

No offense taken Frobodine. I understood what you meant & I concur. I have read numerous reports of mp not working & I just wanted to share my enthusiasm for the success I have had to date.
Sometimes I...over answer. :)
TomBombadil711

Post by TomBombadil711 »

I should have asked before buying the game. Probably a good single player game but I would have stepped back from buying if I had known it is not a PBEM++ multiplayer game. But thanks for answering my question.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”