Hot-seat mode - yes, we want it!

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
MartiusR
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Hot-seat mode - yes, we want it!

Post by MartiusR »

Hello fellow WH40k fans!

I've bought Gladius on GOG and probably, as many of us, would like to see proper hot-seat mode in this game. I've decided to write e-mail to developer and he informed, that due to limited resources, crew, time and simultanous turns in game, there won't be present hot-seat mode during game's release.

HOWEVER - I've also learned that this feature will be considered (to be implemented in one of the future patches), if there will be enough interest in this feature.

So, that's why I've created this topic. If you wish to give clear signal for developer, just write here! Simple "+1" will be enough, but if you wish to write anything else - feel free, as long as you're telling here "YES!" for hot-seat in Gladius.
eddieballgame
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Hot-seat mode - yes, we want it!

Post by eddieballgame »

There is 'hotseat', but I concur on it not being in the "traditional" (proper) setting.
I will add my "+1" to this, however. :)
superxingtan
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by superxingtan »

It's a definite '+1' from me. I do like to use this mode to control two different armies at the same time or to play with my mates.
FlashXAron_slith
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by FlashXAron_slith »

only if it is easy to program or the devs don't have to do anything else ...
so I think never

Come on guys, we have 2018 not the 90s , anyway and a turn lasts most of the time some seconds ...
around 500 turns , have fun :-)

- maybe all GOG game owners could try to start it a second time , one as a host and one connects to the host on the same pc ... could be a try
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

"maybe all GOG game owners could try to start it a second time , one as a host and one connects to the host on the same pc ... could be a try"

It works that way for the Slitherene version, so I suspect it would for the GOG version.
Galdred
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Galdred »

A cool benefit would be to be able to play AM+ space marines
MartiusR
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by MartiusR »

Hello!

First of all - big, big thanks for everyone who "voted for" this idea (and I'd like to encourage those users, who didn't done it yet, to let know in this thread as well :))

I'm observing similar threads on Steam and GOG and I'm glad to tell that there is indeed interest in hot-seat mode feature.

I'm hoping that with it we would also have possibility to choose between simultanous and classic turns (as general option), but it's up to developer, if (and when) our voice will be taken into consideration in one of the future patches.

Stay tuned, fellow fans of Gladius/WH40k universe!

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”