Hellenistic Campaign circa 280 B.C.

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

mceochaidh
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Hellenistic Campaign circa 280 B.C.

Post by mceochaidh »

Yes - have seen those hills in Campania.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Challenge for Mac (Arabs vs Seleucids) - Middle-East Hilly set up. Password: myrrh
Richard Bodley Scott

Ironclad
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by Ironclad »

stockwellpete wrote:Challenge for Ironclad's Romans from my Campagnians, password is Nigel. I have chosen Medit hilly terrain. I hope that is OK.
Fine, just so long as they are like the seven hills ie crested with Roman achievements (ignoring those marauding Gauls). Challenge accepted.
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

Victory for my Romans against Pete's Campanians, 25% to 51%.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Ironclad wrote:Victory for my Romans against Pete's Campanians, 25% to 51%.
Blimey, that was quick.
Richard Bodley Scott

mceochaidh

Post by mceochaidh »

The Powerball numbers for the 10 February drawing were: white: 1 13 27 41 59 red: 20. "The highest number of the red Powerball numbers as applied to the normal movement order will determine that there was a famine or earthquake or other catastrophe during the turn. As this will occur every other week, I am assuming that twice during the turn/year there could be this potential. The highest red Powerball number will determine where the disaster strikes in the first half of the turn/year and the lowest number in the red Powerball number will determine where the disaster strikes in the second half of the turn/year." The highest number was 2. Therefore, Rome, having normal movement order of 2, is affected.

Each catastrophe would reduce annual income by 200T if the sum of the second 2 white balls was 5 or less or 300T if 6 or more. The sum of the second 2 white balls is 4, so it appears Rome has been struck by famine, evidently caused by the famine last year in Carthage. Rome will have its annual income this year reduced by 200T. Rome, however, has won a battle in Campania, thus mitigating this misfortune!

Mac
ianiow
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by ianiow »

Epirus' cheeky attack on Aetolia was crushed by the counter attacking Macedonians

ianiow (Macedon) 42 v 62 TGM (Epirus)
mceochaidh

Post by mceochaidh »

Ian, thanks for the report.

The Powerball numbers for the 24 February drawing were: white: 24 25 38 62 63 red: 6. "The highest number of the red Powerball numbers as applied to the normal movement order will determine that there was a famine or earthquake or other catastrophe during the turn. As this will occur every other week, I am assuming that twice during the turn/year there could be this potential. The highest red Powerball number will determine where the disaster strikes in the first half of the turn/year and the lowest number in the red Powerball number will determine where the disaster strikes in the second half of the turn/year." Since the only red number was 6, this affects Egypt, having the normal movement of 6.

Each catastrophe would reduce annual income by 200T if the sum of the second 2 white balls was 5 or less or 300T if 6 or more. The sum of the second 2 white balls is 7. The Nile did not flood enough to provide for all! Egypt has been struck by famine. Egypt will have its annual income this year reduced by 300T.

I am trying to find time to finish my match with Richard (Arabs) so we can move on to next year. Richard happily evades and decimates my troops with missiles. I am afraid It may take a while longer.

Mac
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

mceochaidh wrote:I am trying to find time to finish my match with Richard (Arabs) so we can move on to next year. Richard happily evades and decimates my troops with missiles. I am afraid It may take a while longer.
We could just call it a draw if you like. You are slightly ahead, but I don't think you are going to get 25% advantage, nor 60% total.
Richard Bodley Scott

mceochaidh

Post by mceochaidh »

Richard,

Agreed! Draw. Seleucids very tired of chasing Arabs and night is falling. So let it be written. I will end game.

Mac
mceochaidh

Post by mceochaidh »

Here is a summary of activities in 276 B.C.:

1. Epirus (TGM) beginning treasury 23,000T. Epirus invaded Aetolia, costing 500T. Epirus lost a non-decisive battle against Macedon in Aetolia 62% to 42%, costing a further 200T (In this case, since Macedon defended its client and won it receives the 200T in booty from Epirus). Epirus received 1,000T in annual income. Ending treasury was 23,300T.

2. Rome (Nigel) beginning treasury 22,500T. Rome invaded Campania, costing 500T and won 25% to 51%, not a decisive victory. If Rome wins a second victory of any kind against Campania it would become a client of Rome. Rome received 1,000T in annual income. Ending treasury was 23,000T.

3. Macedon (Ian) beginning treasury 22,900T. Macedon was inactive. Macedon received 1,000T in annual income. Both the Aetolian League and the Achaean League are clients of Macedon, so Macedon receives 200T from each. However, the Galatians are still in northern Macedon, so cost Macedon 200T. Ending treasury was 24,100T.

4. Carthage (Pete) beginning treasury was 23,100T. Carthage was inactive. Carthage received 1,000T in income and 200T from Syracuse, its client state. Ending treasury was 24,100T.

5. Seleucids (Mac) beginning treasury was 22,800T. Seleucids invaded Arabs, costing 500T to mobilize and had a draw 17% to 23%, costing a further 200T. Seleucids received 1,000T in income. Ending treasury was 23,100T.

6. Ptlomaic (Richard) beginning treasury was 23,700. Ptolemy was inactive, but Egypt suffered famine costing 300T. Pontus is now a client of Ptolemy, adding 200T to its income of 1000T. Ending treasury was 24,600T.
mceochaidh

Post by mceochaidh »

Movement order for 275 B.C.

The Powerball drawing for 3 March was White: 40 17 36 25 13 Red: 05

The last 3 white balls govern: Per the normal movement order, Pete received white ball 3, number 36. Mac received white ball 4, number 25. Richard received white ball 5, number 13.

Richard has the lowest number, 2, so Ptolemy moves first. TGM moved first in 276 so will respond to Richard. Mac has the second lowest number, 2, so will move second. Nigel will respond to Mac. Pete will move third and Ian will respond. (note that Ian had to respond to Epirus attacking its client, Aetolia in 276, so effectively moved last in 276)

Richard, it is your choice.

The map for 275 B.C. will remain as is.

Mac
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Ptolemy will invade Pontus.
Richard Bodley Scott

mceochaidh

Post by mceochaidh »

TGM,

Please set up large battle representing Pontus.

Mac
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Challenge up for RBS
password: pontificate
mceochaidh

Post by mceochaidh »

Seleucids will invade Atropatene. Nigel, please respond by setting up a large battle.

Pete, your move. Ian will respond.

Mac
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Carthage attacks Bruttians.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Ptolemy gained an extremely Pyrrhic victory (52% to 60%) against Pontus.
Richard Bodley Scott

mceochaidh

Post by mceochaidh »

Richard, thanks for report.

Ian, have you set up your game with Pete? Nigel, please set up large battle as Atropatene to take on the Seleucids.

Mac
mceochaidh

Post by mceochaidh »

The second change in the rules pertains to the potential for natural disaster. This will be determined by the red Powerball in drawings every other Saturday, with the first being 13 January. The highest number of the red Powerball numbers as applied to the normal movement order will determine that there was a famine or earthquake or other catastrophe during the turn. As this will occur every other week, I am assuming that twice during the turn/year there could be this potential. The highest red Powerball number will determine where the disaster strikes in the first half of the turn/year and the lowest number in the red Powerball number will determine where the disaster strikes in the second half of the turn/year. If the highest red powerball number is higher than 6 or zero, there is no affect.

Each catastrophe would reduce annual income by 200T if the sum of the second 2 white balls was 5 or less or 300T if 6 or more. If a major power has an occupying force in its territory (such as Ian now does with the Galatians) AND it is subject to the disaster, it will lose an additional 100T.

The Powerball draw for 10 March was White: 43 44 54 61 69 Red: 22. Since the highest red number is 2, Rome's normal movement number. Rome is still suffering from famine. Since the sum of the second 2 white balls is 8, Rome will lose 300T from its income. More offerings are necessary to Jupiter Optimus Maximus!

Mac

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”