Bactrian Empire Campaign 250 BC Gameplay

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

w_michael
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Bactrian Empire Campaign 250 BC Gameplay

Post by w_michael »

Below are the players and the starting map. Each army is represented by a star, and is initially placed in the player's empire. Remember that the Seleucid army will intercept invaders in any blue area, and that they may start their invasion move from any blue area. I will now randomly select the movement sequence numbers and assign them to each player. I'll PM the number to each player so that you can have a rough idea of where you will be in the movement sequence. If anyone prefers to receive an email instead of a PM then please email me your email address at: willm@wolfhoundsystems.com. Email is preferable since communications are expedited because they are pushed instead of pulled. Feel free to communicate with each other, publicly or privately, for diplomatic negotiations (i.e. coordinated moves). Once the move sequence numbers have been given out, I will publicly announce here who's turn it is to move their army and they will respond here with their destination area. I will update the map (battles will be marked with a crossed swords symbol) and then we proceed to the next player until everyone has a battle assignment.

Arab Tribes - iandavidsmith
Armenia - rbodleyscott
Atropatene - Ulysisgrunt
Bactrian Kingdom - msaunders865
Hsiung-nu - AlessandroD
Mauryan Empire - TheGrayMouser
Mountain Indians - SnuggleBunnies
Nabataea - hidde
Parthia - ianiow
Ptolemaic Kingdom - mikec_81
Saka - Ironclad
Seleucid Empire - stockwellpete
Turn 1 - Starting Positions
Turn 1 - Starting Positions
Turn1_Start.jpg (465.58 KiB) Viewed 5466 times
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns and Field of Glory II series enthusiast
w_michael

Re: Bactrian Empire Campaign 250 BC Gameplay

Post by w_michael »

All of the movement sequence numbers have been sent to players by PM. If you did not receive your them please email me (willm@wolfhoundsystems.com) and I will resend it.

The first player to move is stockwellpete (Seleucid Empire). Please post in this topic the player that you would like to attack. I will then update the map and announce the next player to move.

Movement Sequence Numbers Used: 1
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

I want to attack the Atropatenes please.
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

The Seleucid Empire attacks Atropatene, moving one area. Atropatene sets up the challenge: Map Type will be Middle Eastern Hilly, Seleucids 1,100 force points, Atropatene 1,200 force points. You can start the battle any time now. Everyone will have 20 calendar days to complete their battle, with the clock starting to tick after the last battle is announced.

Please remember to note your starting generals and whether they are still on the map at the end of the game. Victory points are awarded if the enemy commander-in-chief or any sub-general has been lost in battle, dispersed, or routed off the map.

Note that players can now move freely through the Seleucid Empire and Atropatene en route to their battle destination. Atropatene had movement sequence number 12, so that is now out of circulation.

It is now time for msaunders865 (Bactrian Kingdom) to move (sequence no. 2)

Sequence Numbers used so far: 1, 2, 12.
Movement Map A
Movement Map A
Turn1_Move_A.jpg (460.89 KiB) Viewed 5439 times
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

May I ask, what happens if you attack someone who is already involved in a battle - as both my neighbours are?
Richard Bodley Scott

w_michael

Post by w_michael »

rbodleyscott wrote:May I ask, what happens if you attack someone who is already involved in a battle - as both my neighbours are?
You cannot attack an existing battle. The Armenian move is no longer blocked as you can freely move through battle sites (Atropatene) or an empire that is attacking elsewhere (Seleucid Empire). As it stands now (if it was your turn to move) you could move to attack: Ptolemaic Kingdom (2 areas of movement), Namataea (2 areas), Arab Tribes (2 areas), Parthia (2 areas), Bactrian Kingdom (4 areas), or Mauryan Empire (4 areas). The other three enemy players cannot be reached at this time because your movement would have to enter an area with an enemy army (star), which would start a battle.

We assume that those involved in a battle (and their empire) are preoccupied and cannot stop an enemy army from passing through. I know that it may be unrealistic, but the purpose of these moves it to match everyone up with a battle. No one sits idle. That is why I describe it as a campaign style tournament. Players are matched using the campaign movement rather than the Swiss chess system.

Once vassals have been acquired then who you choose to attack may change. You cannot attack your vassal (and vice versa), and attacking another overlord (to link his vassal chain to yours) is the optimum strategy. This means that in practice you will be less likely to fight a player more than once, and high scoring players are tempting targets for every other player (especially their highest scoring competitor). A lot depends on the movement sequence number draws, but it you win your battle then you draw two numbers on the next turn and keep the best one.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

I see. Now I think I understand.

Nobody has to fight more than one battle per turn.
Richard Bodley Scott

w_michael

Post by w_michael »

rbodleyscott wrote:I see. Now I think I understand.
No one fights more than one battle per campaign turn, and everyone fights one battle. It is very much like a 6-round tournament, with campaign influences due to how players are matched and how victory points are awarded.

It is a unique approach to a campaign or tournament, but everyone will get the hang of it after a turn or two.
msaunders865
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by msaunders865 »

Bactria attacks Parthia.
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

The Bactrian Kingdom attacks Parthia, moving one area. Parthia sets up the challenge: Map Type will be Steppe, Bactrian Kingdom 1,100 force points, Parthia 1,200 force points. You can start the battle any time now.

Please remember to note your starting generals and whether they are still on the map at the end of the game. Victory points are awarded if the enemy commander-in-chief or any sub-general has been lost in battle, dispersed, or routed off the map.

Note that players can now move freely through the Seleucid Empire, Atropatene, Parthia, or Bactrian Kingdom en route to their battle destination. Parthia had movement sequence number 9, so that is now out of circulation.

It is now time for Saka - Ironclad to move (sequence no. 3)

Sequence Numbers used so far: 1, 2, 9, 12.
Turn 1, Second Move
Turn 1, Second Move
Turn1_Move_B.jpg (462.45 KiB) Viewed 5400 times
Ironclad
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by Ironclad »

Saka attacks Hsiung-nu
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

Why is every attack penalised? Wouldn't it be better to delete points for movement if travelling two or more stages and allow a close battle of one stage to be between equal size armies.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Ironclad wrote:Why is every attack penalised? Wouldn't it be better to delete points for movement if travelling two or more stages and allow a close battle of one stage to be between equal size armies.
Agreed
Richard Bodley Scott

w_michael

Post by w_michael »

Ironclad wrote:Why is every attack penalised? Wouldn't it be better to delete points for movement if travelling two or more stages and allow a close battle of one stage to be between equal size armies.
I wanted increments of 50, but the system only allows increments of 100. The attacker has the opportunity to gain a vassal, and the defender does not. That opportunity has to cost something. You are attacking in a foreign empire, where the enemy more easily receives reinforcements and supply, and you suffer attrition based on the distance marched. It makes sense to me.

Is a 100 point force point reduction too much to overcome? If so then we can fight all of the battles on even terms, or round down so that the first area is even and the second is -100. What does everyone think?
Last edited by w_michael on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

Saka attacks Hsiung-nu, moving one area. Hsiung-nu sets up the challenge: Map Type will be Steppe, Saka 1,100 force points, Hsiung-nu 1,200 force points. You can start the battle any time now.

Hsiung-nu had movement sequence number 11, so that is now out of circulation.

It is now time for Armenia - rbodleyscott to move (sequence no. 4)

Sequence Numbers used so far: 1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 11, 12.
Turn 1 - Third Movement
Turn 1 - Third Movement
Turn1_Move_C.jpg (731.75 KiB) Viewed 5384 times
Last edited by w_michael on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Eeny, meenie, minie, mo.

I guess we will attack the Arab tribes. Nothing personal of course.
Richard Bodley Scott

w_michael

Post by w_michael »

Armenia attacks Arab Tribes, moving two areas. Arab Tribes sets up the challenge: Map Type will be Desert, Armenia 1,100 force points, Arab Tribes 1,200 force points. You can start the battle any time now.

Arab Tribes had movement sequence number 5, so that is now out of circulation.

It is now time for Nabataea - hidde to move (sequence no. 6)

Sequence Numbers used so far: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11, 12.
Turn 1 - Forth Move
Turn 1 - Forth Move
Turn1_Move_D.jpg (462.2 KiB) Viewed 5379 times
hidde
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by hidde »

Hm, lets see...I attack Ptolemaic Kingdom!
Question; If I wanted, could I have "forfeited" my move and have him attack me instead?
Question2; Is the only way to be free from vassalage if the C-in-C of the overlord dies(and 5 or 6 on the dice)?
Suggestion; What if moving through a vassal state didn't delete any points from the army?
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

The Seleucid Emperor is not very happy about other armies crossing his territory. He is keeping a list! :evil:
AlessandroD
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by AlessandroD »

Ironclad wrote:Saka attacks Hsiung-nu
Bad guy, don't you want a signed copy of Art of War instead? :mrgreen:

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”