Guide to producing AAR's?

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Guide to producing AAR's?

Post by stockwellpete »

Is there anybody willing to provide an "idiots guide" to doing an AAR? I would like to reproduce the guide for use with the FOG2 Digital League. Thanks. :wink:
vakarr
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: Guide to producing AAR's?

Post by vakarr »

F2 – Takes a screenshot and dumps it to
Documents\My Games\FIELDOFGLORY2\SCREENS. There is also a Windows program on your computer called Snipit which allows you to select a part of the screen and take a snapshot of it (and draw lines and arrows on it). It's easier just to press F2, though.

So, get the screen how you want it and press F2, and keep doing that at each point in the battle where you want a screenshot. After the battle, go to
My Documents\My Games\FIELDOFGLORY2\SCREENS and you will see a bunch of numbered files. You can then view the files and perhaps rename them so you know what they show. If you want to add arrows and text to the pictures, you can use Paint or another picture editing program to do that. Now go back to the forum. When you reply to a message or create a new thread, at the bottom of the screen you will see this:
Upload attachment screen
Upload attachment screen
Capture.PNG (15.41 KiB) Viewed 2259 times
Click on the Upload attachment tab and you will see this:
Upload attachment tab
Upload attachment tab
Capture2.PNG (18.16 KiB) Viewed 2259 times
Click on the Browse button, browse to your screen shot, then click Add the file. You can also type something in the File Comment box to say what it is. You can do this many times, until you see something like this:
Place inline screen
Place inline screen
Capture3.PNG (13.01 KiB) Viewed 2259 times
Now click where you want a picture to go, and click "Place inline" to put that picture there, add more text, then do it again.
Last edited by vakarr on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Vakarr, thank you very much, that is fabulous. I will add it to the FOG2DL forum today. :D
vakarr

Post by vakarr »

Just remember, it's not enough to click on the Browse button and find to your screen shot, you must then also click on Add the file and wait for the file to be uploaded.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

You may need to run your screenshots through Paint.net or similar to save them in a less memory-intensive quality - otherwise they may exceed the file size limit for attachments.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: After Action Reports”