Silk Road Mod Crossbows

Standard Nerd
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Silk Road Mod Crossbows

Post by Standard Nerd »

Hello!

I've recently been enjoying the latest version of the Silk Road Mod. I really enjoy the models and the rosters. I have a couple of questions. What differences, if any, are there between bows and crossbows? From what I can tell, it seems that crossbows have a penalty when shooting at horsemen, but I haven't found any other differences yet. Also, for a historically accurate gaming experience, what map types most accurately represent China?

Regards,

Standard Nerd

EDIT: It seems that crossbows have an even greater shooting penalty against infantry. Perhaps crossbows have a general shooting penalty against all but have a smaller penalty against armor?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Silk Road Mod Crossbows

Post by rbodleyscott »

They don't have a shooting penalty against mounted troops, but they do against infantry. (Representing their slower rate of fire - the famous Chinese repeating crossbow being only good at very close range).
Richard Bodley Scott

melm
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by melm »

err. Actually that famous Chinese repeating crossbow is not for military use but for civil self-defense and hunting.
Meditans ex luce mundi
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

melm wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:09 pm err. Actually that famous Chinese repeating crossbow is not for military use but for civil self-defense and hunting.
Well as I say we assume that the military are (at least mostly) armed with normal single shot crossbows. But if we did not mention it somebody would say that the Chinese should not have a slow rate of fire because of repeating crossbows.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Modding”