Table Top Mod

stefankollers
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Table Top Mod

Post by stefankollers »

Wondering if it is possible to create a scenario in the editor with the Table Top Mod ? Any help would be most welcome.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: Table Top Mod

Post by Paul59 »

It is certainly possible, there are a number of ways of doing it, but unfortunately none of them are particularly straightforward:

1) My preferred method is to work out what files you need from the TT Mod, and then copy and paste them into your scenario folder. This is the method that I am using for the Kynoskephalai scenario that I reference in my Scenario Creation Guides. I will post a new section to explain this method, hopefully some time today. The problem with this method is that you can get some annoying CTDs when using the editor, unless you go to the trouble of removing all the unwanted lines in the modded Squads.csv file, which can be a bit tricky.

2) You can also work out what texture files you want to use from the TT Mod, copy and paste them into your scenario folder, and then rename them to the original texture names. If you are going to be using a lot of the new textures, this can be time consuming, and there is the potential for making mistakes.

3) You copy and paste all the files from TT Mod Data/BATTLE folder, into your scenario folder. You also copy and paste the TT Mod Squads.csv and Text3.txt files into your scenario folder. This is easy, but you will end up with a scenario that is nearly 800 Mb! I don't think Slitherine would be happy posting a scenario that big, but if it was just for your own personal use this would be an easy option.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
stefankollers
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by stefankollers »

Thank's for the reply. To be honest I'm no modder ! So I will just have to leave it. I as just going to make up my own Scenario for my own use. I thought it would be simple to maybe just swop one list "Vanilla version " in the editor for another list "Table top mod". Perhaps using a variety of units ...Sort of mix and match. I like your textures more than the stock game, although these are quite good, so I will have to stick with these unless the Devs can find a very simple way to swop mods for use in the editor. I know the same problem came up with Pike and shot. Anyway thanks for the help and thanks again for a great mod.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

stefankollers wrote:Thank's for the reply. To be honest I'm no modder ! So I will just have to leave it. I as just going to make up my own Scenario for my own use. I thought it would be simple to maybe just swop one list "Vanilla version " in the editor for another list "Table top mod". Perhaps using a variety of units ...Sort of mix and match. I like your textures more than the stock game, although these are quite good, so I will have to stick with these unless the Devs can find a very simple way to swop mods for use in the editor. I know the same problem came up with Pike and shot. Anyway thanks for the help and thanks again for a great mod.
As promised, I have posted a new section to the scenario guide, detailing my preferred way of using the TT units in a scenario. It is a bit complicated, and if you are not confident in modding/scenario conversion it's probably not for you.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 91&t=82805

Also, Richard has suggested an alternative way of creating scenarios within a copy of the TT Mod:

Copy the whole TT_MOD_CUSTOM_BATTLES folder

and

1) Edit Campaign.TXT to say TYPE 0 instead of TYPE 2.
2) Add a SCENARIOS folder to put your scenarios in.
3) Edit Text1.txt to change the name of the campaign: IDS_CAMPAIGN_NAME,"TT Mod My Epic Battles",

I've not tried it myself, but you might find that easier. It could only be used for creating scenarios for your personal use, as the resulting copy of the TT Mod folder plus it's scenarios would be very large. The beauty of it though, is that once you have set it up you can then create as many scenarios as you want using the TT Mod units.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
stefankollers
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by stefankollers »

Thank's for the help. Managed to get your mod loaded up in the Editor, now the fun part creating my own scenario. By the way I used the easy way, really am not very technically minded at all. Which is why I appreciate the hard work done by your good self and the other scenario designers. Again thanks very much.

Will you be adding to the list when the new content comes out ?

Return to “Field of Glory II: Modding”