User created campaign not working as a skirmish module

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

User created campaign not working as a skirmish module

Post by Paul59 »

Hi Richard,

I'm working on a modification of the vanilla Rise of Rome Campaigns. It's a bit similar to my Extra Nations mod for P&S, except that you have done such a fantastic job that there are hardly any extra nations to add, it's more a case of extra units and a few nations having extra lists. As each new unit tales up a lot of space with it's new .S4F file, God knows how I will post this, as it will be enormous once it is finished!

Anyway, I'm having a little problem with it at the moment. It works fine as a random campaign, and in the editor. But when I remove the NOSKIRMISH restriction from the Campaign.txt and try and use it to create a skirmish battle it won't work. The battle map loads, but instead of the two side names displaying in the top left hand corner of the screen, it says the sides are Blue and Red, both with 100% routed. No units load on the map, and the scenario ends immediately.

I'm assuming that I have made a big error somewhere, but the armies load perfectly in a campaign. Alternatively, I need to do something else to get it to work as a skirmish generator. I can't see where the files that generate the Skirmish battles are hiding in the installation folders, it would probably help me if I could.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: User created campaign not working as a skirmish module

Post by rbodleyscott »

Campaigns won't work as skirmishes - the extra UI stuff buggers it up.

So you will need to make a separate skirmish-only module, using a normal folder without the campaign UI stuff.

IIRC a "skirmish only" module is Type 2.
I can't see where the files that generate the Skirmish battles are hiding in the installation folders, it would probably help me if I could.
You shouldn't need to mod these but:

/Data/Battle/Scripts/Slith_RandomMap.bsf
/Data/Battle/Scripts/MapGenerate.bsf
/Data/Battle/Scripts/MapGenerateBattle.bsf
Richard Bodley Scott

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

rbodleyscott wrote:Campaigns won't work as skirmishes - the extra UI stuff buggers it up.

So you will need to make a separate skirmish-only module, using a normal folder without the campaign UI stuff.

IIRC a "skirmish only" module is Type 2.
I can't see where the files that generate the Skirmish battles are hiding in the installation folders, it would probably help me if I could.
You shouldn't need to mod these but:

/Data/Battle/Scripts/Slith_RandomMap.bsf
/Data/Battle/Scripts/MapGenerate.bsf
/Data/Battle/Scripts/MapGenerateBattle.bsf
Many thanks Richard.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Hoplite1963
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Hoplite1963 »

Hi Paul
Really glad to hear you doing an equivalent of your extra nations mod for FOG2. Yes the base game has done really great job, but this project could be bigger than you think. Have you had a look at the range of factions and expanded unit rosters in the “Ancient Empires” mod (start time of 200BC for “Total War Attila” ?

In any case gather for the images you have shown already that 3 distinct Spanish factions could be on the cards for your mod.

Regards
Ian
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Hoplite1963 wrote:Hi Paul
Really glad to hear you doing an equivalent of your extra nations mod for FOG2. Yes the base game has done really great job, but this project could be bigger than you think. Have you had a look at the range of factions and expanded unit rosters in the “Ancient Empires” mod (start time of 200BC for “Total War Attila” ?

In any case gather for the images you have shown already that 3 distinct Spanish factions could be on the cards for your mod.

Regards
Ian
Hi Ian,

Yes, the 3 separate Spanish nations are already done. I am using the old FOG table top army lists as my main source on what to add, it is very quick to do it that way, as the unit capabilities are already worked out for you in a way that is almost identical to the values in FoG2.

regards

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 »

Great look forward to it.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Modding”