Scenarios in Progress

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Scenarios in Progress

Post by Paul59 »

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where designers can give advance warning of any scenarios that they are working on.

I have started work on a "Wars of the Diadochi" collection. This will cover most of the battles of the period 322 - 281 BC between Alexanders immediate successors. It will be incorporated into the TT Mod Custom Battles module, in much the same way as Jomni has included an epic battle into the Silk Road Mod. This will save a lot of hard drive space, as I will not have to duplicate all the models and textures, and makes designing the scenarios much easier.

I have done three battles so far; The Defeat of Leonnatus, Crannon, and Hellespont. I have made no attempt to balance these scenarios for the different difficulty levels, but have just made them as the ancient sources describe. I have indicated the difficulty of each scenario in the introduction.

Work on these has come to a halt for an indefinite period as I am working on other projects, which are secret!

cheers

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Rodia
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Scenarios in Progress

Post by Rodia »

I'm very interested in your side project. I have the Diadochoi Wars game from the HPS Ancient Warfare series and of these three battles you have made, only Crannon is present.

I myself I'm working in Mantinea 418 BC: Sparta vs. Argos (plus allies for both sides), but I'm a bit busy with real life work right now.

It would be nice if Slitherine encouraged FOG2 scenario creation for some months, maybe organizing a contest with a small discount prize for the winner(s), or adding the best scenarios in a future patch. This last point would be only symbolic, as the download scenarios from within the game works great. It would be more like a badge of honor :)

Return to “Field of Glory II: Scenario Design”