Scenario creation guide part 14 (Creating TT Mod Scenarios)

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Scenario creation guide part 14 (Creating TT Mod Scenarios)

Post by Paul59 »

There are a few alternate ways of incorporating the TT Mod units into a scenario, see this thread:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 92&t=82799

This is my preferred option:

1) Open the editor and create a new basic scenario without adding any units, save and close the editor.

2) Then find the new scenario folder that you have created, it will be in your My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/CAMPAIGNS/ folder.

Find the TT Mod folder, it will also be in your My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/CAMPAIGNS/ folder.

Copy and paste the Squads.csv and Text3.txt files from the TT Mod folder into your new scenario folder.

3) Create a Data folder in your new scenario folder, it must also have a BATTLE sub folder. The BATTLE sub folder must have three sub folders, named Banners, Units, and UNITTEXTURES. If you need some help, look at the Data folder structure in the TT Mod, you want to replicate that, except you do not need the Scripts and UI sub folders.

Examine the Squads.csv and Text3.txt files to determine which TT Mod units you want to use in your scenario.

Each unit will have a .txt and a .s4f file in the Units folder. Also each unit will have a Diffuse@.dds, Normal@.dds, and Spec@.dds in the UNITTEXTURES folder. Some units will have variant .dds files in the numbered texture sub folders. The file names are found from column S (AssetFilename) in the Squads.csv file.

Then copy and paste the relevant files from the TT Mods Units and UNITTEXTURES folders into the same folders in your new scenario.

Your selected TT Mod units will now be available to use in the editor.

There is one problem with this approach, apart from it sounding dreadfully complicated! If you are selecting units in the Editor, and you accidentally select a TT Mod unit that you have not copied over to your new scenario folder, the Editor will crash, and you will lose any unsaved work! The Editor will also crash if you click on the Unit Textures button before selecting a usable unit. The editor crashes because it is trying to find unit models which do not exist in the scenario folder.

There are two solutions to this problem:

1) You could delete all the unwanted TT Mod units from the Squads.csv file in your new scenario folder. That might be quite a long winded and fiddly job though.

2) Don't make any mistakes when selecting units! Only select units that you have copied into your scenario.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Scenario Design”