Getting your scenario placed on the map; modifying campaigns

vakarr
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Getting your scenario placed on the map; modifying campaigns

Post by vakarr »

How do you get your scenario placed on the world map that shows on the campaign/scenario start screen?

How do you change the attributes of units so they will fight better? I note that it says that the Velites fight better than your average light javelinmen.

Love this editor, so easy to use and the choices you can make are fantastic!

How do you turn your scenario into a campaign and how do you choose what happens in a campaign? How many battles should there be in a campaign?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Getting your scenario placed on the map; modifying campa

Post by rbodleyscott »

vakarr wrote:How do you get your scenario placed on the world map that shows on the campaign/scenario start screen?
You specify it in the Campaign.Txt file in your custom folder.

Code: Select all

[Bagradas_C]
SIDE0 8
SIDE1 32
DATE 2745 // All dates start from 3000 BC
MAPX 496 // Pixel x location of battle in EpicMap_Ptolemy.dds
MAPY 676 // Pixel y location of battle in EpicMap_Ptolemy.dds
You will find EpicMap_Ptolemy.dds in /data/UI/Textures
How do you change the attributes of units so they will fight better? I note that it says that the Velites fight better than your average light javelinmen.
Only because they count Protected whereas the others are Unprotected.

You need to put a copy of the Squads.cvs file from /Data in your custom folder, and edit that. e.g. By increasing the troop quality by altering the Elan and Experience values in the spreadsheet.
How do you turn your scenario into a campaign and how do you choose what happens in a campaign? How many battles should there be in a campaign?
You can't turn a scenario into a campaign, the campaigns use random map battles. For the various decision options see the CustomCampaign.txt file comments in one of the campaigns.

You can have up to 15 battles in a campaign, but if you have so many the army will be completely elite by the last one, unless you use various tricks like resetting the army, or making the player put a large part of it in garrison.
Richard Bodley Scott

vakarr

Post by vakarr »

Thanks, that was quick, must be around midnight your time! So where do you start if you want to create a campaign?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

vakarr wrote:Thanks, that was quick, must be around midnight your time! So where do you start if you want to create a campaign?
I was planning on doing a guide on campaign creation once I finish the scenario guides.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Paul59 wrote:
vakarr wrote:Thanks, that was quick, must be around midnight your time! So where do you start if you want to create a campaign?
I was planning on doing a guide on campaign creation once I finish the scenario guides.
Great, I will leave it to you then.
Richard Bodley Scott

athineos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by athineos »

Paul59 wrote:
Is the guide on campaign creation ready yet?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

athineos wrote:
Paul59 wrote:
Is the guide on campaign creation ready yet?
Yes, there are three parts so far, they are all in the Stickies section of this sub forum. Look closely, they are a bit hidden amongst all the Scenario creation parts.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
athineos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by athineos »

That's great! Thank you

Return to “Field of Glory II: Scenario Design”