Failed to connect to server

SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Failed to connect to server

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

"Failed to connect to server"

I am getting this when I attempt to send turns about half of the time in FoG2, Pike and Shot, and Sengoku Jidai. I can join my games and move around just fine, this just happens when I attempt to end the turn. It fails once, then I get fog of war on every tile except the tiles my units are standing on, and fails every other attempt to send.

Is this just happening to me, or are there server troubles right now?
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
melm
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: Failed to connect to server

Post by melm »

I managed to connect to the server, but I failed to send my turn for three games today, i.e. 6 hours ago until now. I succeeded to submit my turn for other four or five games.

I don't know whether it is related to the server issue.
Meditans ex luce mundi
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

I am having similar problems since yesterday (twice today).

I get the 'waiting message' for 20 seconds then the message that the games had failed to upload. On trying to upload a second time, on both occasions, the enemy troops disappear from the map and I immediately get the failed message again and am obliged to cancel.

Oddly, it transpires that the games did upload to the server but I still get the unpleasant message that my actions have been recorded. I understand the reason for this feature but in the circumstances it is mildly irritating.
Okie
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Okie »

I am having the same problems as those above but also unable to do update and so not able to play any of the battles I am in !? :( :? :shock: :roll: :o Okie
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Tamas »

We are indeed having issues with forum speed that we are looking into at the moment. If you find you are also having problems with the updater's speed, please try downloading the update from the Members Section. Download there is also maybe a bit slower than usual but seems to be working fine otherwise.
GeneralKostas
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by GeneralKostas »

ahuyton wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:41 am I am having similar problems since yesterday (twice today).

I get the 'waiting message' for 20 seconds then the message that the games had failed to upload. On trying to upload a second time, on both occasions, the enemy troops disappear from the map and I immediately get the failed message again and am obliged to cancel.

Oddly, it transpires that the games did upload to the server but I still get the unpleasant message that my actions have been recorded. I understand the reason for this feature but in the circumstances it is mildly irritating.
I had the same problem just few minutes ago with my turn in a multiplayer match.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Server seems to be back up to speed now.
Richard Bodley Scott

Morbio
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Morbio »

I had problems most of last night getting turns to upload to the server. Over the last few days, and still today, I'm getting really long responses from this forum. About a minute for every request, it's really painful. :cry:
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

There have been sporadic DDOS attacks on the server over the last week or so. We are working to try and mitigate the problem. Sorry for the hassles.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
General Shapur
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by General Shapur »

Multiple issues

1. Forum is really slow - 20-30s to load a screen or make a post.

2. Multiple fails on the server when sending turns

The reasons have been mentioned in the thread - just confirming.
Previously - Pete AU (SSG)

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”