PBEM glltch?

garymann
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

PBEM glltch?

Post by garymann »

Hi, I'm playing in the DL at present. My present game seems to be experiencing a few glitches? When I started the game, my opponent sent me turn 2 after his deployment, for my turn 3. However, when I pressed "play" it opened the game up back in deployment mode? So I sent this turn ( 3) back to my opponent. My opponent replied with his turn and the PBEM email said it was now my turn 5. This was fine and it appeared to be the start of the game and the turn played out as normal, though the game turn counter said it was my third turn, so we've both lost a turn? Turn 7 arrived and I pressed play and it went straight to the end of his turn. So I didn't get to see the replay of his turn, just how the turn ended up. Obviously this will be problem later on in the game( if it happens again) when I need to see results of my opponents turn.

any ideas?
garymann
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: PBEM glltch?

Post by garymann »

just noticed lydianed appeared to have the same problem?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

If this is the same issue that lydianed had, those are the only reports we have had of it so far. It seems that somehow the data has become corrupted. We are able to roll back an MP game 1 turn but 1 turn only, so I don't think doing so would be helpful.
Richard Bodley Scott

garymann
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by garymann »

to be honest it did happen before ... briefly. I've played 9 matches in total, no problem with 7 of the games. This game was the first real problem , though last turn played fine. One other game , on 1 turn only, it did not replay. I just ignored it as it was near the end of the match.

I know there is nothing to be done for my games , just for info really. But maybe something for the techies to look at slow time?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

garymann wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:36 pm to be honest it did happen before ... briefly. I've played 9 matches in total, no problem with 7 of the games. This game was the first real problem , though last turn played fine. One other game , on 1 turn only, it did not replay. I just ignored it as it was near the end of the match.

I know there is nothing to be done for my games , just for info really. But maybe something for the techies to look at slow time?
Aye
Richard Bodley Scott

GeneralKostas
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by GeneralKostas »

Good morning.
I don't know if i am writing in the right topic, but i have noticed a paradox in some multiplayer games. The paradox is, that the remaining in-game turns aren't the same with the remainings turns in the PBEM email notification.

For example, in one game (The battle of Cunaxa) i have noticed a difference of 13 turns. The battle ended at 13th round and in the PBEM notification read 26th turn. There is a big problem for mp games.
In other two games i still played, there is a difference of 10 and 2 turns.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

GeneralKostas wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:44 am Good morning.
I don't know if i am writing in the right topic, but i have noticed a paradox in some multiplayer games. The paradox is, that the remaining in-game turns aren't the same with the remainings turns in the PBEM email notification.

For example, in one game (The battle of Cunaxa) i have noticed a difference of 13 turns. The battle ended at 13th round and in the PBEM notification read 26th turn. There is a big problem for mp games.
In other two games i still played, there is a difference of 10 and 2 turns.
Internally, the game counts both players’ turns. The first player has turn 0, 2, 4 etc, the second player has turn 1, 3, 5 etc. The game UI reports the turns separately for each player, but the PBEM server sends out emails using the internal turn count as above.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”