FOG2DL server issue

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

FOG2DL server issue

Post by stockwellpete »

MorkinTheFree posted this in the FOG2DL forum. Please advise.

Early Middle Ages – Division C

MorkinTheFree (Romano-British 407-599 AD) challenges MikeMUC - Arab (City) 300-633 AD, pass is "1234".

Something strange happened with this game. I played my turn and when uploaded, Slitherine mail server could not be reached. I resigned (it was only way to quit the game - did not use ctrl+alt+del). When mail server was back online again, game was still displayed as my turn. When I open it, it says "You are not in this game."

I created a new challenge with the same parameters. If there is any other way to resume current game, I would like to hear it...
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: FOG2DL server issue

Post by rbodleyscott »

No way that I know of. You should not need to resign in these circumstances. The game will let you try to resend several times (by hitting End Turn/Confirm again), and if that fails several times, offers you the option to abandon the turn, in which case you can start the turn again from the beginning once the server is up again.

As there seems to be a lot of confusion over what to do when the game turn fails to send, we are currently working on streamlining the process, so that the game will automatically try to resend when you click the proceed button on the "Failed to send the game to the server. Please try again." popup, instead of you having to click End Turn again to make it resend.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”