Bugs and Glitches I’ve Found in the Veterancy Update - PS4

Commander Scott
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Bugs and Glitches I’ve Found in the Veterancy Update - PS4

Post by Commander Scott »

Hi there,

As a small introduction, I’m an avid Battlestar Galactica Deadlock player on the PS4, and have racked up over 6000 battles during three campaigns since buying the game back in December 2017. This has made the UI feel very familiar to me, to the point where the issues listed below popped out at me immediately.

• The first bug I came across was upon selecting the option to hide the music player during battles. Upon entering my first battle since the veterancy update, the music immediately stopped playing, and only resumed after restarting the application.
  • The second issue I found was within the campaign UI, as it is no longer possible to view the battle history of my various ships with the right thumbstick. This was the case both with and without veterancy enabled.
  • Another Issue I’ve noticed is in the form of a graphical glitch on the FLT insertion screen and subsequent jump animation.
  • The fourth issue I’ve found this afternoon actually relates back to a thread I created about the officer portraits in October, when the infinity update and Anabasis DLC were released. When compared to the PC version of the game, the skin tones are oddly exaggerated, and there appears to be unusual glowing artefacts that are particularly noticeable on the temples of male officers.
  • Finally, the circular fill effect that accompanies holding down the various buttons no longer works immediately after a loading screen. This might qualify as more of a nitpick than a full-blown glitch however. :)

I hope these issues can be fixed at some point in the near future, because you (Slitherine) and Black Labs have put together one heck of a game, and it's darn near perfect in my opinion.

Commander Scott

-Edit-

Another graphical issue popped up during a campaign skirmish a little while ago. I came upon a particularly brightly lit ionised nebula, sections of which were blinking in and out of existence depending on the camera angle. I tried to capture the phenomenon through screenshots, but it didn't really illustrate the problem as I'd hoped.
Last edited by Commander Scott on Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
So Say We All!
blacklab
Black Lab Studios
Black Lab Studios

Re: Bugs and Glitches I’ve Found in the Veterancy Update - PS4

Post by blacklab »

Thanks for pointing these out, we will investigate.
Paul Turbett - Game Director - Black Lab Games
twitter.com/blacklabgames
Commander Scott
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

I’m happy to help in whatever small way I can. :)

By the way, the last time I played through the campaign after the Broken Alliance DLC came out; the Galactica mission replay was broken, causing me (and presumably everyone else on the PS4) to have to play the mission again. I can’t speak as to whether it was fixed with any of the updates that followed, but I figure it’s worth noting since it isn't listed in any of the patch notes, just in case.
So Say We All!
blacklab
Black Lab Studios
Black Lab Studios

Post by blacklab »

We fixed a number of issues in the Galactica mission, e.g.
- Fixed an issue that prevents playback of Mission 12 replay in some cases
(all of the fixes are listed here : http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 69&t=90875 )

Thanks!
Paul Turbett - Game Director - Black Lab Games
twitter.com/blacklabgames
Commander Scott
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Would you believe I went through each patch thread I could I could find on the forum, except that one. What a wally I am?! lol

I kind of feel like you'll quickly get tired of me pointing out niggly bugs, but I ran into a couple of new ones today. The first were a couple of crashes to the home screen during replays. Thinking back, this issue cropped up before with either the endurance or infinity update, but was quickly fixed in a following patch. The second is a large flash of static at the start of each video that bookends the campaign, kind of like how old analogue TV's would act in a storm. I noticed it after completing Avalon, and decided to start a new campaign to see if it affected the first video, which it did.
So Say We All!
Commander Scott
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Bugs and Glitches I’ve Found in Sin and Sacrifice - PS4

Apologies for the double post, but I’ve been playing the Sin and Sacrifice campaign all night, and have more than half a dozen battles on the board now. I can’t speak highly enough of the wireless chatter; it really does add a whole new layer of immersion to the replays. Also, I noticed the camera dramatically swing away from a Raider as it blew up for what I’m sure is the first time I've seen. It was fantastic not to see the doomed raider stay on screen for the second or so it usually does after the explosion.

However, I wouldn’t be posting in this thread if I hadn’t come across a consistent issue to report. Unfortunately, the replays are once again suffering from serious frame rate issues when the action intensifies. For context, this is happening on a pro version of the PS4. I should note that for the last week, the replays were mostly fine with the veterancy update installed on its own. Also, I should have thought of this sooner, but it seems there is no way for PS4 users to highlight inbound weapons, as the cursor doesn’t acknowledge them. This creates something of a problem when the Cylons are peppering the battlefield with different, yet similar looking munitions.
So Say We All!

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Tech Support”