Problems with Chapter 7 - Sagittaron

ca1701
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Problems with Chapter 7 - Sagittaron

Post by ca1701 »

I am having issues with Chapter 7 - Sagittaron in the single player mode.

When I start the mission, I am able to position my fleet and continue. At the point I either get a stalled game (continues up to at least 5 minutes) or the game crashes. The program stalls before the colonial ships jump in. I have on two separate occassions heard the jump countdown and the sound of my ships jumping into the system. The game crashes at that point. I can play any other battles without issue and have been able to progress through at least 7 more turns. In all cases, the Daidalos station is present.

I am running version 1.0.41 (5104). Within the campaign I have obtained the Viper Mk II, Artemis, and the Ranger. I have 9 fleets consisting of 47 total ships plus the Daidalos station. The issue occurs between campaign turn 48 and 53 with between 41 and 51 missions completed.

I have tried various different fleet configurations with this particular mission, all fail if Daidalos is present (including by itself).
ca1701

Re: Problems with Chapter 7 - Sagittaron

Post by ca1701 »

Issue has also occurred when an Artemis Battlestar is in the fleet. Request sent into the support E-mail address as well.
ca1701

Re: Problems with Chapter 7 - Sagittaron

Post by ca1701 »

Problem was resolved, working with Slitherine tech support was an outstanding experience. Long story, short: The incorrect video card (on board) was being used likely due to a Windows update. Interesting thing is that this was an non-issue in earlier versions of the game. Thanks to Paulo for the help.

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Tech Support”