Weather options in Custom Battels & Campains?

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
vom_Felde
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Weather options in Custom Battels & Campains?

Post by vom_Felde »

I have played several hundred hours of play now. I would find it good if you could set the weather / weather effects and daylight in the options.
Imagine fighting in the British / Germanic forests in the rain at dusk! :lol: Are there any plans to include this in patches or DLC?
MVP7
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Re: Weather options in Custom Battels & Campains?

Post by MVP7 »

Some weather effects are already possible to use in editor made battles but there are no graphics for them.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

MVP7 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:52 pm Some weather effects are already possible to use in editor made battles but there are no graphics for them.
There are graphic effects for rain and snow, and there are several different lighting options to call upon in the Editor. I used the Northern European Dawn lighting for the start of the Raith scenarios in Age of Belisarius.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
vom_Felde

Post by vom_Felde »

Originally, I also became aware of the rain / snow effects / light atmosphere via the editor. I would like it if you could (for atmospheric reasons) adjust the effects for example (like the terrain types in the Custom Battels).
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

vom_Felde wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:00 am Originally, I also became aware of the rain / snow effects / light atmosphere via the editor. I would like it if you could (for atmospheric reasons) adjust the effects for example (like the terrain types in the Custom Battels).
Adjust how?
Richard Bodley Scott

vom_Felde

Post by vom_Felde »

Hello everybody! I just came by accident that there are weather effects and effects in the editor. But just in the editor and not in custom battle mode. The option terrain type (in this mode) would complement very well. I play FOG2 since 07/18 meanwhile over 300 hours. I think weather options would be great.

I took a screenshot and made a composing of the option with Photoshop as Attachment
Screen-FOGII-Composing.jpg
Screen-FOGII-Composing.jpg (352.85 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
. The rain and snow animations exist in the editor but could complement the custom battle mode. :lol:
melm
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by melm »

I have a question. Is it possible to work out a scenario so far to have weather effect showing, plus the animation of rain or snow?
Meditans ex luce mundi
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

melm wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:36 am I have a question. Is it possible to work out a scenario so far to have weather effect showing, plus the animation of rain or snow?
In Epic Battles yes. In Custom Battles no.
Richard Bodley Scott

melm

Post by melm »

rbodleyscott wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:07 am
melm wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:36 am I have a question. Is it possible to work out a scenario so far to have weather effect showing, plus the animation of rain or snow?
In Epic Battles yes. In Custom Battles no.
Yes, I mean exactly the Epic Battle. Thanks for the answer.
Meditans ex luce mundi

Return to “Field of Glory II”