Chariots pursuing into woods

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Chariots pursuing into woods

Post by Cunningcairn »

I thought chariots would stop at the edge of a forest when pursuing troops that enter the forest. I have just had a heavy chariot pursue a LF unit into a forest so am I incorrect in my assumption or did something weird just happen?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Chariots pursuing into woods

Post by rbodleyscott »

Cunningcairn wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:31 pm I thought chariots would stop at the edge of a forest when pursuing troops that enter the forest. I have just had a heavy chariot pursue a LF unit into a forest so am I incorrect in my assumption or did something weird just happen?
When this sort of thing happens it is helpful if you could provide a screenshot.

Chariots should not pursue into a forest, but if the square was a track square, that trumps the forest, so that square does not count as difficult terrain, and they should pursue.

Or if the battle was an Epic Battle, the square may not in fact have been marked as Forest. (Which might or might not be a bug in the scenario map).
Richard Bodley Scott

Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Cunningcairn »

rbodleyscott wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:22 am
Cunningcairn wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:31 pm I thought chariots would stop at the edge of a forest when pursuing troops that enter the forest. I have just had a heavy chariot pursue a LF unit into a forest so am I incorrect in my assumption or did something weird just happen?
When this sort of thing happens it is helpful if you could provide a screenshot.

Chariots should not pursue into a forest, but if the square was a track square, that trumps the forest, so that square does not count as difficult terrain, and they should pursue.

Or if the battle was an Epic Battle, the square may not in fact have been marked as Forest. (Which might or might not be a bug in the scenario map).
It was a multiplayer battle and no track. It was a forest at the edge of the board so he pursued the LF through the forest and off the board so it wasn't possible to get a shot of the chariot in the forest. Game is still going so I'll take a screenshot of where it happened.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Cunningcairn wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:36 am

It was a multiplayer battle and no track. It was a forest at the edge of the board so he pursued the LF through the forest and off the board so it wasn't possible to get a shot of the chariot in the forest. Game is still going so I'll take a screenshot of where it happened.
Ah right, special code is used for the edge of the map, and probably currently bypasses the code that stops them pursuing into forest.

I will look into it.
Richard Bodley Scott

Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Cunningcairn »

rbodleyscott wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:07 am
Cunningcairn wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:36 am

Ah right, special code is used for the edge of the map, and probably currently bypasses the code that stops them pursuing into forest.

I will look into it.
Thanks here is the picture anyway. Chariot went through woods under cursor.
chariot woods.jpg
chariot woods.jpg (791.91 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

This bug is now fixed for the next update. Many thanks for drawing it to my attention.
Richard Bodley Scott

Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Cunningcairn »

rbodleyscott wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:05 am This bug is now fixed for the next update. Many thanks for drawing it to my attention.
No problem. Thanks for sorting it out.

Return to “Field of Glory II”