Page 1 of 1

vakarr Custom Battles: Mercenaries and Allies Mod v1

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:06 am
by Cunningcairn
Will vakarr's Thracian mercenary and ally mod ever be available in multiplayer? It's great!

Re: vakarr Custom Battles: Mercenaries and Allies Mod v1

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:56 am
by rbodleyscott
Cunningcairn wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:06 am
Will vakarr's Thracian mercenary and ally mod ever be available in multiplayer? It's great!
TBH it was an oversight that I did not already add an MP version. It is now done and you can download it in game.

Re: vakarr Custom Battles: Mercenaries and Allies Mod v1

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:27 pm
by Cunningcairn
rbodleyscott wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:56 am
Cunningcairn wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:06 am
Will vakarr's Thracian mercenary and ally mod ever be available in multiplayer? It's great!
TBH it was an oversight that I did not already add an MP version. It is now done and you can download it in game.
Sorry I don't understand what you mean by "download it in game".

Re: vakarr Custom Battles: Mercenaries and Allies Mod v1

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:55 pm
by rbodleyscott
Cunningcairn wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:27 pm
rbodleyscott wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:56 am
Cunningcairn wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:06 am
Will vakarr's Thracian mercenary and ally mod ever be available in multiplayer? It's great!
TBH it was an oversight that I did not already add an MP version. It is now done and you can download it in game.
Sorry I don't understand what you mean by "download it in game".
Click on "Download Community Scenarios" button in main screen.

Select it from the list.

Click on "Download the Selected Campaign"

Full list of in-game Downloadable User-Created Content here:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 77&t=80329

Re: vakarr Custom Battles: Mercenaries and Allies Mod v1

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:52 pm
by Cunningcairn
rbodleyscott wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:55 pm
Cunningcairn wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:27 pm
rbodleyscott wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:56 am


TBH it was an oversight that I did not already add an MP version. It is now done and you can download it in game.
Sorry I don't understand what you mean by "download it in game".
Click on "Download Community Scenarios" button in main screen.

Select it from the list.

Click on "Download the Selected Campaign"

Full list of in-game Downloadable User-Created Content here:

viewtopic.php?f=477&t=80329
The MP version isn't on my list of available downloads in the game. Is it because I'd already downloaded the SP version?

Re: vakarr Custom Battles: Mercenaries and Allies Mod v1

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:02 pm
by Cunningcairn
OK I reloaded the game and have downloaded it. Thanks!

Re: vakarr Custom Battles: Mercenaries and Allies Mod v1

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:37 am
by rbodleyscott
Cunningcairn wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:02 pm
OK I reloaded the game and have downloaded it. Thanks!
Yes, the list only gets refreshed when the game starts.

Re: vakarr Custom Battles: Mercenaries and Allies Mod v1

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:19 am
by Hendricus
There are some strange things, the Macedonian army list has units that cost 0. The Gallic Thracian list is named Umbrian.

Re: vakarr Custom Battles: Mercenaries and Allies Mod v1

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:59 pm
by Cunningcairn
Hendricus wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:19 am
There are some strange things, the Macedonian army list has units that cost 0. The Gallic Thracian list is named Umbrian.
Yes and Triballi are shown as Apulian in the challenge list. There are also 255 elements of an unknown troop type in the Macedonian list. However I think it is a fantastic job and really lifts the Thracians as an interesting option. I wonder if it is possible or envisaged to combine this mod, the vanilla list and the TT mod into a single list.

Re: vakarr Custom Battles: Mercenaries and Allies Mod v1

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:07 pm
by Hendricus
Cunningcairn wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:59 pm
Hendricus wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:19 am
There are some strange things, the Macedonian army list has units that cost 0. The Gallic Thracian list is named Umbrian.
Yes and Triballi are shown as Apulian in the challenge list. There are also 255 elements of an unknown troop type in the Macedonian list. However I think it is a fantastic job and really lifts the Thracians as an interesting option. I wonder if it is possible or envisaged to combine this mod, the vanilla list and the TT mod into a single list.
Yes the Thracians are boosted for 1 point from average to above average. That is a point well spend I think. I would say a very fantastic job.

Re: vakarr Custom Battles: Mercenaries and Allies Mod v1

Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:03 am
by rbodleyscott
Cunningcairn wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:59 pm
Hendricus wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:19 am
There are some strange things, the Macedonian army list has units that cost 0. The Gallic Thracian list is named Umbrian.
Yes and Triballi are shown as Apulian in the challenge list.
That is just a display error in the MP Lobby, caused by the ArmyList.txt file not having REPLACE at the top. The armies should be correct in the actual game.

However, I have fixed that issue and put v2 up on the FTP.

I will have to leave vakarr to fix any other issues.

Note that previously created challenges will continue to use the old version.

Re: vakarr Custom Battles: Mercenaries and Allies Mod v1

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:57 am
by vakarr
I will wait until the next version and DLC are released before making any changes (as a beta tester I am not allowed to explain why but I will say I am very excited about them).


If you like the mod and would like an explanation of the lists and why the changes were made, I think you will enjoy reading this:
The Gods of Battle.jpg
The Gods of Battle: The Thracians at War by Chris Webber
The Gods of Battle.jpg (11.74 KiB) Viewed 677 times
It's available as a 256 page fully illustrated hardback or as an E-book. It's not just about the Thracians, a large part is devoted to discussing light troops in general.

Re: vakarr Custom Battles: Mercenaries and Allies Mod v1

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:54 am
by Cunningcairn
vakarr wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:57 am
I will wait until the next version and DLC are released before making any changes (as a beta tester I am not allowed to explain why but I will say I am very excited about them).


If you like the mod and would like an explanation of the lists and why the changes were made, I think you will enjoy reading this:
The Gods of Battle.jpg
It's available as a 256 page fully illustrated hardback or as an E-book. It's not just about the Thracians, a large part is devoted to discussing light troops in general.
Thanks Chris! No problem in waiting for the next version and DLC. BTW when the changes are made please note that there appears to be a bug with the mod as sometimes both armies can have the same flag colour. I bought your book.