I stopped MP since the lobby fosters ill will

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
SirGarnet
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

I stopped MP since the lobby fosters ill will

Post by SirGarnet »

PBEM has the great advantage of being able to take as much time as needed to consider, analyze, and decide upon your moves. The battle situation may require several sessions to take notes and think about next steps, check the battlefield again, and finally make a the complete move. If the other player takes time with his move, I need to remind myself of the situation and check more carefully. This is convenient as orders can be set in a few spare minutes.Sometimes I can do several turns in several games back to back.Rarely. I am captain of my soul but a passenger of circumstance.

Some players seem to have undisclosed expectations of daily turns or even several per day and get irritated at the pace.

It is unfortunate that the battle lobby yields no room for the creator to of a game to specify further information such as cycle expectations, map choices etc. and there is no way to communicate in game without passing a turn (such as an On Hold flag making clear a turn will indeed come but there is a delay. expectations of daily as role playing, time restrictions, etc. at the world is not .

My personal annoyance is players not playing it out. There is much to learn in the process of defeat as well as in stealing victories or managing to let them slip away.

I am curious how Empires will handle this and should take a look at inter-player communications. Regards.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: I stopped MP since the lobby fosters ill will

Post by rbodleyscott »

There is surely room in the challenge note to put something like "Relaxed Pace", "Daily Turns" etc.
Richard Bodley Scott

jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

I have never encountered a player expecting fast response from me.
Barrold713
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Barrold713 »

I am going to do a little marketing for the Digital League and the sponsored tournaments. There is certainly enough content to keep you busy and the competition is generally of high level both in quality and sportsmanship. At the very least you can likely meet several members who would be willing to set up matches meeting the time specifications of your liking beforehand. Worth a shot if you have not already participated in the previous seasons/tournaments.
Cheers
BDH
76mm
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by 76mm »

rbodleyscott wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:47 am There is surely room in the challenge note to put something like "Relaxed Pace", "Daily Turns" etc.
Indeed there is, I have done this several times.
kongxinga
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by kongxinga »

The proper reaction to wanting to play more turns is to issue or accept more challenges, not to pressure the opponent to do more turns.
SimonLancaster
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by SimonLancaster »

I have played lots of people and never had any issues.. I think you were a little unlucky perhaps. Talk to people on the forum and during the game as well. I have made a few friends and we sometimes play each other and even set up mini tournaments of our own.
YouTube channel for Field of Glory 2: Ancients and Medieval.

https://www.youtube.com/@simonlancaster1815

Return to “Field of Glory II”