New DLC

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Mord
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Re: New DLC

Post by Mord »

melm wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:32 am
:D Nice to know you are the same Mord in CM community.
Hey, melm! Yep, same one. Good to see you here.
Byron01 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:00 am
There are a limited number of really high-quality wargames. CM is one. This is another. :)

I like to think our presence here means we are men of taste and discernment. :mrgreen:
I've been accused of worse! But yeah, it's cool, I like this group of games a lot. I picked up P&S last year but it took until this year for it (and the engine) to really grab me. Nice having some different eras and history to delve into. I enjoy the relaxed nature of the play style.
sIg3b wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:31 pm
Nah, the approach is systematic. Either the period directly after Belisar, or just before Rise of Persia. But all periods are interesting, anyway.
I am right there with you. Part of me can't wait for Medieval and the Crusades and the other part is hoping for more Ancients era stuff and I'll be happy either way. Whatever it is it'll capture my imagination and engross me.

Mord.
76mm
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by 76mm »

Byron01 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:00 am I like to think our presence here means we are men of taste and discernment. :mrgreen:
Hey, I resemble that remark...
hjc
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by hjc »

Mord wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:16 am Seems to be quite a few CM guys here. That's very cool.
Definitely 8)
srd5090
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by srd5090 »

FoG2 has covered a lot of Ancients and we are bumping up against the Middle Ages with the Belisarius DLC.

I think it is time to hit the Middle Ages hard. Could start off with some Charlemagne stuff, which isn't too far from the timeframe of Belisarius. The 1000s would be nice too, crusades, heavy cavalry knights, etc.

That's my hope anyway.
SpeedyCM
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by SpeedyCM »

hjc wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:01 pm
Mord wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:16 am Seems to be quite a few CM guys here. That's very cool.
Definitely 8)
And another one here at least back in the early years I have only popped into the CM forums pretty irregularly over the last 10 years or so.
When I originally joined the matrix games forums back in the mid aughts I even tacked CM onto my name as Speedy was already taken.
Jagger2002
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Jagger2002 »

So are we getting close on the new DLC?
lapdog666
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by lapdog666 »

dlc era will be islamic barbarian invasions , only question is how far it ll go , will it stay in the 7th-8th century or it ll go further and encompass vikings aswell , up to early /mid 10th century

Return to “Field of Glory II”