TT Mod version 1.5.3 (NOW REPLACED BY v1.5.18 - see separate thread)

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: New TT Mod version 1.5.3 AVAILABLE HERE!

Post by Paul59 »

Paul59 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:27 am
stockwellpete wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:53 am Paul I cannot decrease the start date beyond 600BC so some Rise of Persia armies such as Babylonians, Cimmerians, Cypriots and Phoenicians do not appear in the list. Is this as intended?
Sorry Pete, no, it is certainly not intended, and the start dates on my versions of the mod (Campaigns, Custom Battles and MP) go right back to 1000 BC. I have not amended any files in the TT Mod that might cause this, and I don't even know how to cause this to happen. So I really have no idea why you are having this problem.

Are the start dates okay when you select the vanilla campaign or custom battles modules?
After having a further look at how these start dates are created this morning, it seems to me that they are just generated from the start availability dates of the armies in the ArmyList.txt, I am sure Richard will correct me on this if I am wrong.

The ArmyList.txt should contain an Early Arab list, called E_ARAB. This is just the standard E_ARAB army from the vanilla game, although I did create some special units for it. The E_ARAB list starts from 1000 BC, which I think is the earliest current start date in the game.

I am wondering if maybe your ArmyList.txt was corrupted when you downloaded it. Maybe you could open your TT Mod ArmyList.txt and search to see if the E_ARAB army is there?

cheers

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Paul59 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:25 am
Paul59 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:27 am
stockwellpete wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:53 am Paul I cannot decrease the start date beyond 600BC so some Rise of Persia armies such as Babylonians, Cimmerians, Cypriots and Phoenicians do not appear in the list. Is this as intended?
Sorry Pete, no, it is certainly not intended, and the start dates on my versions of the mod (Campaigns, Custom Battles and MP) go right back to 1000 BC. I have not amended any files in the TT Mod that might cause this, and I don't even know how to cause this to happen. So I really have no idea why you are having this problem.

Are the start dates okay when you select the vanilla campaign or custom battles modules?
After having a further look at how these start dates are created this morning, it seems to me that they are just generated from the start availability dates of the armies in the ArmyList.txt, I am sure Richard will correct me on this if I am wrong.
You are not wrong.
Richard Bodley Scott

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Paul59 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:25 am ]

The ArmyList.txt should contain an Early Arab list, called E_ARAB. This is just the standard E_ARAB army from the vanilla game, although I did create some special units for it. The E_ARAB list starts from 1000 BC, which I think is the earliest current start date in the game.

I am wondering if maybe your ArmyList.txt was corrupted when you downloaded it. Maybe you could open your TT Mod ArmyList.txt and search to see if the E_ARAB army is there?

cheers

Paul
Yes, I can see the Arab army list and other ones that are earlier than 600BC. Shall I delete the whole thing and re-download from scratch?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

stockwellpete wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:10 pm
Paul59 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:25 am ]

cheers

Paul
Yes, I can see the Arab army list and other ones that are earlier than 600BC. Shall I delete the whole thing and re-download from scratch?
Yes, if the vanilla modules are working okay it is possible that your TT Mod download maybe corrupted, so it might be worth a try.

I have just been helping another player on the Steam Forums whose download had become corrupted, a different problem to yours, but he re-downloaded and everything seems to be fine now. As it is such a large download I suppose any small glitch in the connection could cause a problem.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Paul59 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:36 pm
Yes, if the vanilla modules are working okay it is possible that your TT Mod download maybe corrupted, so it might be worth a try.

I have just been helping another player on the Steam Forums whose download had become corrupted, a different problem to yours, but he re-downloaded and everything seems to be fine now. As it is such a large download I suppose any small glitch in the connection could cause a problem.
Paul, I have re-downloaded and it is now fine. Thanks very much. :D
KOB001
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by KOB001 »

Hi there, this mod looks fantastic.

Asking for a friend... will the TT Mod work for people who only have the base game?

Are the lists you can't use, because you don't have the appropriate DLC, filtered out?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

KOB001 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:51 am Hi there, this mod looks fantastic.

Asking for a friend... will the TT Mod work for people who only have the base game?

Are the lists you can't use, because you don't have the appropriate DLC, filtered out?
The TT Mod will work if you only have the base game, but the lists that are appropriate to DLCs can only be used if you own those DLCs. That should apply to any additional armies I have created that belong to DLC specific eras.

The exception to that is the TT Mod Multiplayer version. If your friend downloads and installs that, he will be able to accept MP challenges for games that include DLC armies.

cheers

Paul

FOGII TT Mod Creator

tkershner
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by tkershner »

Hello, I bought FOG II on Steam. Is there anything I need to do special to install the TT mod into the Steam platform? Thanks.
Tod K
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

tkershner wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:42 pm Hello, I bought FOG II on Steam. Is there anything I need to do special to install the TT mod into the Steam platform? Thanks.
Tod K
No, the instructions are the same for STEAM installations.
Richard Bodley Scott

JC_von_Preussen
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by JC_von_Preussen »

A big thank you for this mod !
Froz
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Froz »

I have perhaps a stupid question, but since it's quite a big download, I would rather ask first. Is this mod also affecting campaigns and historical battles? I don't know how it works in game, do those parts of the game use the same army lists as available in other modes (so they benefit from any changes in the mod) or they have their own lists (so the mod would have to edit those too).
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Froz wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:18 pm I have perhaps a stupid question, but since it's quite a big download, I would rather ask first. Is this mod also affecting campaigns and historical battles? I don't know how it works in game, do those parts of the game use the same army lists as available in other modes (so they benefit from any changes in the mod) or they have their own lists (so the mod would have to edit those too).
There are three TT Mod modules:

SP Custom Battles
SP Campaigns
MP Custom Battles

None of these affect the vanilla game in any way whatsoever, nor do they affect any of the historical battles, whether vanilla or user created. (Although Paul has incorporated some of the units/textures in the user created scenarios that he has created himself).

You have to select the appropriate TT Mod module when you want to play a TT Mod custom battle or campaign.
Richard Bodley Scott

Froz

Post by Froz »

Ahh, I see. Thank you.
GrayNemesis
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by GrayNemesis »

When attempting to play the TT Mod Custom Battles and TT Mod Multiplayer Custom Battles, make sure you click on the "Select Another Module" button to select the TT Mod.

Where is this button located? TY
GrayNemesis

Post by GrayNemesis »

Disregard, I see it now. TY
ulysisgrunt
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Can't get it to run!

Post by ulysisgrunt »

I've downloaded the three files, extracted them, and placed them in the Campaign directory of the main program. I can create skirmish game challenges, but cannot accept any.
Advice?
ulysisgrunt

Post by ulysisgrunt »

Could the problem be that I lack the module that says SKIRMISH ?
SGZ
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by SGZ »

Thanks Paul59 for the beautiful mod. Great work mate!. It took me a little while to work out how to activate it. For anyone else struggling .... After installing as above you need to "select the module". By this I mean click on the small icon of 3 superimposed folders just to Right of the selection screen when starting a custom battle.

I'm very excited for the FOG:Empires. Paul any plans to work your reskinning magic on this too ?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

SGZ wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:45 am Thanks Paul59 for the beautiful mod. Great work mate!. It took me a little while to work out how to activate it. For anyone else struggling .... After installing as above you need to "select the module". By this I mean click on the small icon of 3 superimposed folders just to Right of the selection screen when starting a custom battle.

I'm very excited for the FOG:Empires. Paul any plans to work your reskinning magic on this too ?
With my current understanding of how units convert from FOG:Empires to FOG2 I don't think it is possible to mod it. The best I could do would be to construct a Global Mod so that TT Mod textures are used for the vanilla FOG2 units.

Thanks for drawing attention to the need to click on the "Select Another Module" button. That instruction has always been in the first post, but I have now highlighted it in bold type!
Last edited by Paul59 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: Can't get it to run!

Post by Paul59 »

Ulysisgrunt wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:02 am I've downloaded the three files, extracted them, and placed them in the Campaign directory of the main program. I can create skirmish game challenges, but cannot accept any.
Advice?
The Mod files do not go into the main program installation! You should never put mods in your main game installation!

The Custom Battles and Campaign Mods go in My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/CAMPAIGNS.

The Multiplayer Mod goes in My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/MULTIPLAYER. That might explain why you cannot play MP.

The correct installation procedure is all explained in the first post of this thread.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Return to “Field of Glory II”