TT Mod version 1.5.3 (NOW REPLACED BY v1.5.18 - see separate thread)

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: New TT Mod version 1.5.3 AVAILABLE HERE!

Post by rbodleyscott »

Paul59 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:12 pmAccording to Duncan Head's "Armies of the Macedonian and Punic Wars", Thracian dress and equipment changed around 300 BC. The new Thracian models (with caps) are more suited to the earlier period.
This is true. We knew it, but as half of the 350-251 BC list period is before 300 BC, we used the new models because they are prettier than just using thureophoroi. (Which is what they would really look like after 300 BC).
Richard Bodley Scott

lapdog666
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by lapdog666 »

challenges issued. those who dare fight me , battles await you

challenge issuer : lapdog666
TT mod 1.5.3

10 battles issued, i ll be very active this week so expect fast replay rate
lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

one thing that should be changed (And i think RBS Agrees) is highly superior status of Agema and Companions

my reasoning is historical: its not necessary to make them highly superior, you can argue either way and
Gameplay: cataphracts are lower quality , lower mobility , bit more armor. basically theres no reason to take cataphract in the TT mod
i am a fanboy of seleucids , i have no ill motives here
Same argument goes for ptolemaic royal guard
or am i missing something
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Seleucid Agema and Companions are Guard units, so possibly might be a bit better than your average Xystophoroi. They are costed correctly for their capabilities.

Cataphracts have a lot more armour, and are 2 points cheaper. You pays your points, and make your choice. If you want a lot of heavy cavalry in a Seleucid army, you will probably select a few units of cataphracts as there is not much else to spend the points on.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

i can understand the point about not having many other choices but 2 points is simply irrelevant

10 points on other hand would make a difference
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

2 points per unit is hardly irrelevant, in nearly every game I am one or two points short of buying another unit, and one extra unit can make a big difference to the outcome of a game.

I have tried to cost all units in the TT Mod correctly, using the official points table. That isn't always easy, especially when the points table sometimes changes. See this recent thread, which will result in several minor changes:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 2&start=20

Cataphracts are currently rated at 68 points, both in the vanilla game and the TT Mod. Using the official points table, Highly Superior Xystophoroi work out at 70 points. I will not be arbitrarily increasing that.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

does TT mod has same level of completeness for immortal fire, age of belisarius ,rise of persia and legions triumphant as it has for vanilla

or in other words are major factions covered

im thinking of buying Rise of persia or immortal fire , maybe legions but dont wana buy all at the same time because it ll be overwhelming so thats why i ask which one is a best pick or which one is most covered by TT

age of belisarius seems least fun
vakarr
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by vakarr »

I love the imagery in this mod, (it's beautiful!) but disagree with some aspects of your Thracian lists. Can I make some suggestions or would you mind if I make my own mod of the Thracian lists (assuming that's done the normal wayjust by editing a few files and there's no additional code)?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

vakarr wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:51 am I love the imagery in this mod, (it's beautiful!) but disagree with some aspects of your Thracian lists. Can I make some suggestions or would you mind if I make my own mod of the Thracian lists (assuming that's done the normal wayjust by editing a few files and there's no additional code)?
Hi vakarr,

Please send me a pm with your suggestions. I don't mind if you modify the TT mod for private use, but don't want multiple versions of the TT mod available. It would get very confusing.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

lapdog666 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:38 am does TT mod has same level of completeness for immortal fire, age of belisarius ,rise of persia and legions triumphant as it has for vanilla

im thinking of buying Rise of persia or immortal fire , maybe legions but dont wana buy all at the same time because it ll be overwhelming so thats why i ask which one is a best pick or which one is most covered by TT

I have tried to cover all the DLCs to the same standard, but some have needed less work than others.

For instance, with Rise of Persia I don't think I added any new army lists at all. Although there is quite a bit of work on the existing lists: new textures, modified unit stats, new units etc.

Immortal fire and Legions both have a lot of work done to them.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

Paul59 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:24 am
lapdog666 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:38 am does TT mod has same level of completeness for immortal fire, age of belisarius ,rise of persia and legions triumphant as it has for vanilla

I have tried to cover all the DLCs to the same standard, but some have needed less work than others.

For instance, with Rise of Persia I don't think I added any new army lists at all. Although there is quite a bit of work on the existing lists: new textures, modified unit stats, new units etc.

Immortal fire and Legions both have a lot of work done to them.

new units is what i am mainly after , and textures
naturally and fitting names
lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

250 BC thracian army roster, they have light javelinmen instead of thracian light javelinmen

is that a mistake or deliberate
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Deliberate. Again, the caps and cloaks are more of the older period. I know, I am still using the Thracian Medium Javelinmen for that list, but if I can think of a way to replace them I will.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Gaznak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Gaznak »

Question about a particular unit's pricing. Celtiberian warbands cost 63 points instead of the 58 points of other warbands. I checked the squads file and didn't see a difference.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Thanks Gaznak,

That is a mistake. I noticed it myself a few days ago, and have already fixed it. But I will not be uploading an updated version of the mod for a long time I am afraid.

Originally average warbands were costed at 63 points. In a later update, after the TT mod was released, they were reduced to 58. I do my best to keep the TT mod up to date with the changes in the main game, and I managed to change all the other warband units in the mod, but obviously I missed the Celtiberians.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Gaznak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Gaznak »

No problem, I've just started learning to do some modding with this game and have been doing some of my own tweaks here and there and noticed it. I look forward to the update when it comes.
lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

any chance to add leg armor (greaves) to chalkaspides of the seleucids, they d look even better, and from historical point of view i think its irrelevant, too muddied to be even discussed in the context of game graphics (which are very limited)

also would it be possible to add any kind of cloth to cover Argyraspides arms, aswell as adding leg armor to the argyraspides
optional: add cloaks

i d also suggest the same for african spearmen (leg armor)
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

lapdog666 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:39 pm any chance to add leg armor (greaves) to chalkaspides of the seleucids, they d look even better, and from historical point of view i think its irrelevant, too muddied to be even discussed in the context of game graphics (which are very limited)

also would it be possible to add any kind of cloth to cover Argyraspides arms, aswell as adding leg armor to the argyraspides
optional: add cloaks

i d also suggest the same for african spearmen (leg armor)
The Seleucid Chalkaspides are inspired by the illustration of a Seleucid Phalangite in Armies and Enemies of the Macedonian and Punic Wars by Ian Heath, that illustration does not have greaves (leg armour) only trousers. I am happy with it and not changing it.

The Argyraspides already have greaves, I am happy with their sleeveless arms. I cannot add cloaks, that would require 3d modelling, which I cannot do. I have explained that many times.

I see no reason to change the African Spearmen. It would be lot of work for no gain.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

iberian sctuarii look weird.
i m not trying to nit pick , but ask anyone and they ll tell you that vanilla sctuarii look better

vanilla sctuarii look significantly better. White/yellow (clean colors) gives them freshness and they stand out . these colors while being too dark have some kind of glitch aswell. the colours are blending in unnatural way
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

lapdog666 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:56 pm iberian sctuarii look weird.
i m not trying to nit pick , but ask anyone and they ll tell you that vanilla sctuarii look better

vanilla sctuarii look significantly better. White/yellow (clean colors) gives them freshness and they stand out . these colors while being too dark have some kind of glitch aswell. the colours are blending in unnatural way
Iberian Scutarii?????

I assume you are talking about the clothing colours?

The only changes I have made to the vanilla textures was to give slightly different colours to the tunic trim, on two of the figures in two of the four textures sets. Apart from that the clothing is identical to vanilla. Hardly a major change!

TT Mod Warm texture:

Vanilla Warm texture:

TT Mod Cold texture:

Vanilla Cold texture;

I am sorry to anyone I have offended with this travesty.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Return to “Field of Glory II”