TT Mod version 1.5.3 (NOW REPLACED BY v1.5.18 - see separate thread)

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

TT Mod version 1.5.3 (NOW REPLACED BY v1.5.18 - see separate thread)

Post by Paul59 »

The TT mod has now been updated to cover the "Rise of Persia" DLC.

In addition to the new armies and units for the new period, the original TT Mod armies and units have had many improvements, additions and corrections. I have attempted to keep track of all the changes, and you can find a full list within the mod folder, it is far too long to print here!

Due to all the changes, this new version of the mod will probably be incompatible with any TT Mod campaigns that you are currently playing, so please finish them before installing
this version of the Mod. Once installed you can delete the old version of the mod.

Even though the full list of features is too long to reproduce here, the "headlines" are these:

My new Banners have now been added to the mod. Hopefully the long banner problem has been solved. If it still appears just move the mouse over a banner and it should disappear. Please report any more serious long banner problems to me.

Nearly all vanilla armies in Field of Glory II and it's DLCs have been reworked with new units and textures. This includes all the Rise of Persia armies.

Many generic units have been retextured to give army specific versions. New units to receive this treatment include the Thureophoroi.

Many new army lists have been created, and existing generic army lists split into several new ones.

New Persian Takabara textures, to distinguish them from the Thracian Peltasts.

Some minor bugs in the last release (TT Mod 1.3.9) have been fixed.

Lydian Heavy Cavalry texture completely redone, to give a more archaic Greek appearance.

Many new texture variations for Noble Lancers, Republican Roman Armoured Cavalry, Frankish Warbands, Noble Cavalry (Armoured and Protected), Greek Armoured cavalry (Average and Superior), Illyrian Spearmen, Italian Foot, Samnite Foot, Pictish Spearmen, Celtiberian Warband, Dacian Warband, Early and Late German Warbands (Average and Superior), Iberian Scutarii, Roman Slack and Late Republic Legionaries.

Thanks to matlegob for providing many of the shield designs for these.

Matlegob also provided shield designs for the Social War Italian Legionaries (Raw and Average), and Etruscan Mixed Class Foot.

New textures for the Hoplites to help differentiate between the types and the sides.

New Italian (Social War) 91-88 BC army list.

TT Mod Campaigns

Here is the link to the TT Mod Campaigns:

LINK DELETED AS NEW VERSION OF MOD NOW AVAILABLE

To install:

1) Click on the link and download.

2) You will probably find the downloaded TT_Mod_CampaignsV1.5.3.rar file in your Downloads folder.

3) Extract the TT_Mod_CampaignsV1.5.3.rar file to produce the TT_Mod_CampaignsV1.5.3 folder.

4) Cut and paste the TT_Mod_CampaignsV1.5.3 folder into My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/CAMPAIGNS.

DO NOT PUT THIS MOD IN YOUR MAIN GAME BUILD!

TT Mod Custom Battles

Here is the link to the TT Mod Custom Battles Module:

To install:

2) You will probably find the downloaded TT_Mod_CustomBattlesV1.5.3.rar file in your Downloads folder.

3) Extract the TT_Mod_CustomBattlesV1.5.3.rar file to produce the TT_Mod_Custom_BattlesV1.5.3 folder.

4) Cut and paste the TT_Mod_CustomBattlesV1.5.3 folder into My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/CAMPAIGNS.

TT Mod Multiplayer

Here is the link to the TT Mod Multiplayer Custom Battles Module:

To install:

2) You will probably find the downloaded TT_Mod_MPV1.5.3.rar file in your Downloads folder.

3) Extract the TT_Mod_MPV1.5.3.rar file to produce the TT_Mod_MPV1.5.3 folder.

4) Cut and paste the TT_Mod_MPV1.5.3 folder into My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/MULTIPLAYER.

When attempting to play the TT Mod Custom Battles and TT Mod Multiplayer Custom Battles, make sure you click on the "Select Another Module" button to select the TT Mod.

A special credit is due to 'Little Big Men Studios' for most of the new shield and banner designs in this mod. Stephen Hales (of Little Big Men Studios) has given Paul Adaway permission to use these for this user mod only and no company may take these designs for use without his permission or for sale in any way.

Many thanks to Weeag for some of his Frankish shields,used in the new Germanic Noble Lancer textures:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthre ... s-Resource

The shields for the Saitic Egyptian Foot were obtained with permission from MonsterMind at Spiral Graphics Forum: http://www.spiralforums.biz/index.php?s ... 513&page=1

Many thanks to WhollyFool for his Arthurian Mod banner designs, and Kaweh K for many of his Total War mod banner designs.

Enjoy

Paul
Last edited by Paul59 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
lapdog666
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: New TT Mod version 1.5.3 AVAILABLE HERE!

Post by lapdog666 »

congratulations. downloading it
miki
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by miki »

Great! Big thanks!
Saludos
Miki
Standard Nerd
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Standard Nerd »

Thank you so much! Downloading now!
petrus58
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by petrus58 »

My thanks and appreciation for this amazing mod.
pinwolf
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by pinwolf »

Thank you very much.
lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

i love all the changes , for example gaulish cav, dacian helmets ,makedonian chalks ,italian cav,greek cav etc
thureo phoroi are also awesome, love em. those thureos who have linothorax look stunnning i think they are bactrian. also makedonian purple ones

now the things i hate:

Gaestae

they dont look good enough imo.
my suggestion is to give them back their old shields.simple as that.
these small shields make them look like techno vikings from a bad movie
no clothes + small shields is the problem, it makes them look barebone and too sharp
also i believe they had larger shields historically, at least on average

that shield must go.what do i need to do to make u change it lol
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

lapdog666 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:40 pm now the things i hate:

Gaestae

they dont look good enough imo.
my suggestion is to give them back their old shields.simple as that.
these small shields make them look like techno vikings from a bad movie
no clothes + small shields is the problem, it makes them look barebone and too sharp
also i believe they had larger shields historically, at least on average

that shield must go.what do i need to do to make u change it lol
Gaesatae should be naked in my opinion. The only suitable model , that can be painted to look naked, has a small shield. So I am stuck with that. I would rather have them naked and with a large Gallic scutum shield, but I cannot create that.

To get me to "change my mind" you would have to do these three things:

1) Train me to be a competent 3D modeller. At this moment I have absolutely no 3d modelling skills at all.

2) Pay several hundred pounds to buy me the 3D modelling software to do the job.

3) Somehow persuade Slitherine, or however holds the rights to them, to release to me the editable 3D unit models.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Just a quick explanation, about how I create the new "models" for the TT Mod.

All of the new graphics that you see are created in one of three ways, or a combination of the techniques:

1) Repainting an existing texture.

An example of this is the Gallic Warband, where I have simply put hair textures in place of the helmet texture. This is not quite as simple as it sounds, as to do a decent job I have also modified the Normal and Spec files to match.

2) Modifying the Alpha Channel to erase equipment.

Each diffuse texture file can also contain an Alpha Channel. The white areas of the Alpha Channel allow the texture to appear on the model, black areas block the texture and that part of the model is invisible. I can use this to erase shields, plumes, weapons, quivers etc.

An example of this is the Lydian Heavy cavalry, which is based on the Rhoxolani cavalry model. I have used the Alpha Channel to erase the shield and arrow quiver. The whole texture was also repainted.

3) Animation file changes.

With some units you can change the animations. It is not always possible, sometimes there is an annoying stuttering in the motions.

An example of this is the Late Germanic Warbands, where I have given them the animation of the vanilla warband model.

I used this technique a lot with the new Assyrian models that came out in Rise of Persia. A lot of the Assyrian units are mixed formations of Spearmen and Archers. They all use the same basic model, but all the equipment is modelled seperately, and can be shown on the models (or not) as controlled by the animation file on a rank by rank basis.

There is of course a limit to what I can achieve with these techniques. I cannot create radically different helmets, shields, bodies or weaponry. I have no ability to change the actual 3D models at all.
Last edited by Paul59 on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

z1812z
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by z1812z »

Great Mod and Thank You very much.

Can you play Mutiplayer with someone who does not have the mod without disabling it?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

z1812z wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:50 pm Great Mod and Thank You very much.

Can you play Mutiplayer with someone who does not have the mod without disabling it?
You mean playing a vanilla MP game? If so, that is no problem at all. The TT Mod sits in the players My Documents/My Games folder, not in the main install, so it does not overwrite any of the original game files, you can still play vanilla games whenever you want to. There is absolutely no reason to disable/delete it.

If both players have the TT Mod MP download, they can play a TT MP game or a vanilla MP game, it is totally up to the person raising the challenge.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

z1812z
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by z1812z »

Paul59 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:08 pm
z1812z wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:50 pm Great Mod and Thank You very much.

You mean playing a vanilla MP game? If so, that is no problem at all. The TT Mod sits in the players My Documents/My Games folder, not in the main install, so it does not overwrite any of the original game files, you can still play vanilla games whenever you want to. There is absolutely no reason to disable/delete it.

If both players have the TT Mod MP download, they can play a TT MP game or a vanilla MP game, it is totally up to the person raising the challenge.
Thank you for your quick response.
cromlechi
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by cromlechi »

I followed the instructions and pasted into the folders but there's no option coming up when I go to select a module. Any ideas?

Thanks

Adam
cromlechi

Post by cromlechi »

Forget my last message, it's appeared now. Seemed to be a delay for some reason. Looking forward to trying it. Thanks for all your hard work.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

You would need to go out to the main menu and back before it would appear in the list of modules.
Richard Bodley Scott

antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by antiochosvii »

Paul this new version exceeds expectations! I am playing a long campaign as Saite Egyptians vs Macedon and about as happy as can be. Assyrians vs Romans next.

Deepest thanks!
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Paul I cannot decrease the start date beyond 600BC so some Rise of Persia armies such as Babylonians, Cimmerians, Cypriots and Phoenicians do not appear in the list. Is this as intended?
canuckgamer
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by canuckgamer »

A quick question. Would I have to install this mod each time after the game has been updated? Thanks.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

stockwellpete wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:53 am Paul I cannot decrease the start date beyond 600BC so some Rise of Persia armies such as Babylonians, Cimmerians, Cypriots and Phoenicians do not appear in the list. Is this as intended?
Sorry Pete, no, it is certainly not intended, and the start dates on my versions of the mod (Campaigns, Custom Battles and MP) go right back to 1000 BC. I have not amended any files in the TT Mod that might cause this, and I don't even know how to cause this to happen. So I really have no idea why you are having this problem.

Are the start dates okay when you select the vanilla campaign or custom battles modules?

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

canuckgamer wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:27 pm A quick question. Would I have to install this mod each time after the game has been updated? Thanks.
Well it depends on what has been changed in the game update. The main game 1.5.3 update contained changes to the main files that prevented the older versions of the TT Mod from working, so I had to update my mod. I was going to release a new version anyway, because I had made numerous changes and improvements, but I had to wait for the new main game update to be released first.

In the future, if an update causes similar problems for mods, you would have to wait until I release a new compatible version of the TT Mod. Otherwise, there is absolutely no need to reinstall your mods just because the game is updated.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Return to “Field of Glory II”