TT Mod version 1.5.3 (NOW REPLACED BY v1.5.18 - see separate thread)

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
bodkin
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: New TT Mod version 1.5.3 AVAILABLE HERE!

Post by bodkin »

Stockwellpete has already discussed this with me, and I have agreed to only release the new version of the TT Mod after the fifth season of the Digital League ends.

cheers

Paul

So no new release till August 11th?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

bodkin wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:49 am Stockwellpete has already discussed this with me, and I have agreed to only release the new version of the TT Mod after the fifth season of the Digital League ends.

cheers

Paul

That is correct.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Hanny
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Hanny »

Hi

Kudos for this mod, complements the base game very well, working my way through a 15 battle campaign as Hannibal and really getting a kick out of it, thanks to any and all involved.
Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Cunningcairn »

Hanny wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:13 pm Hi

Kudos for this mod, complements the base game very well, working my way through a 15 battle campaign as Hannibal and really getting a kick out of it, thanks to any and all involved.
Fantastic mod!
antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by antiochosvii »

If only we could link FOG Empires to this mod I think i'd be found by my friends and family dead at my computer, having forgotten to eat and with a glorious Antigonid battle array at my cold fingertips!

That may sound a bit morbid but I am looking forward to the new version.
jiltedjock
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by jiltedjock »

antiochosvii wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:48 pm If only we could link FOG Empires to this mod I think i'd be found by my friends and family dead at my computer, having forgotten to eat and with a glorious Antigonid battle array at my cold fingertips!

This is actually quite easy to do, by making it a Global mod. There are a couple of possibilities.

I wanted to combine TT mod with the AI mod, and have both available to use with FOG empires. It was as straightforward as creating a copy of the AI mod in .../documents/my games/FOG 2 directory/mods and then renaming the copy to something meaningful. I then copied everything out of the TT mod (.../documents/my games/FOG 2 directory/campaigns and into the new mod. I then enabled the new mod in game via the Global Mods button. So now all my FOG Empires battles use TT mod and AI mod.

If you didn't want to use the AI mod, you could try just copying the TT mod into .../mods from .../campaigns, I think that would do it.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

jiltedjock wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:13 pm
antiochosvii wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:48 pm If only we could link FOG Empires to this mod I think i'd be found by my friends and family dead at my computer, having forgotten to eat and with a glorious Antigonid battle array at my cold fingertips!

This is actually quite easy to do, by making it a Global mod. There are a couple of possibilities.

I wanted to combine TT mod with the AI mod, and have both available to use with FOG empires. It was as straightforward as creating a copy of the AI mod in .../documents/my games/FOG 2 directory/mods and then renaming the copy to something meaningful. I then copied everything out of the TT mod (.../documents/my games/FOG 2 directory/campaigns and into the new mod. I then enabled the new mod in game via the Global Mods button. So now all my FOG Empires battles use TT mod and AI mod.

If you didn't want to use the AI mod, you could try just copying the TT mod into .../mods from .../campaigns, I think that would do it.
The TT Mod does not work as a Global Mod!

You might have a few TT Mod unit textures replacing the vanilla textures, but that is all. None of the hundreds of additional TT Mod units that I created would appear. The Global Mods system does not read the TT Mod Squads.csv file, unless Slitherine have changed the Global Mods system in the last patch and did not tell me! Even if the Global mods system did read the TT Mod Squads.csv file, you would have to do some serious modding of some files in Empires to use the TT Mod units.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

jiltedjock

Post by jiltedjock »

Paul59 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:59 pm
jiltedjock wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:13 pm

The TT Mod does not work as a Global Mod!

You might have a few TT Mod unit textures replacing the vanilla textures, but that is all. None of the hundreds of additional TT Mod units that I created would appear. The Global Mods system does not read the TT Mod Squads.csv file, unless Slitherine have changed the Global Mods system in the last patch and did not tell me! Even if the Global mods system did read the TT Mod Squads.csv file, you would have to do some serious modding of some files in Empires to use the TT Mod units.

OK. The reason I presumed it worked was that my version of the TT mod uses Increased Number of Figures per Unit mod http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 6&start=60 and during a quick test last night, I could see that the units in my Empires battles were using more figures. So I could see that squads.csv was being read in, and presumed any other files in the mod would be too. I can appreciate that exported battles from Empires will not be aware of your additional units, that wasn't something I had particularly thought about last night as it was the textures that I was more concerned with.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

jiltedjock wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:15 pm OK. The reason I presumed it worked was that my version of the TT mod uses Increased Number of Figures per Unit mod http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 6&start=60 and during a quick test last night, I could see that the units in my Empires battles were using more figures. So I could see that squads.csv was being read in, and presumed any other files in the mod would be too. I can appreciate that exported battles from Empires will not be aware of your additional units, that wasn't something I had particularly thought about last night as it was the textures that I was more concerned with.
That is strange. It was always the case that files such as the Squads.csv were not read by the Global Mods system, but maybe that has changed. I will check myself and see what happens.

If it does read the Squads.csv file, it means that a TT Mod version for Empires would be possible! All that we would need to do is edit the necessary Empires .csv files so that the faction specific unit textures in the TT Mod are used in the Empires conversion. While that sounds simple, I have as yet been unable to open the Empires .csv files in a readable format. I have even had advice from experienced Empires Beta testers on how to do it, but all my attempts have resulted in two lines of incomprehensible data. Either something is wrong with my old version of Excel, or I am going senile!

FOGII TT Mod Creator

jiltedjock

Post by jiltedjock »

Paul59 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:48 pm
If it does read the Squads.csv file, it means that a TT Mod version for Empires would be possible! All that we would need to do is edit the necessary Empires .csv files so that the faction specific unit textures in the TT Mod are used in the Empires conversion. While that sounds simple, I have as yet been unable to open the Empires .csv files in a readable format. I have even had advice from experienced Empires Beta testers on how to do it, but all my attempts have resulted in two lines of incomprehensible data. Either something is wrong with my old version of Excel, or I am going senile!
They open in Excel online. However they are using semi colons as delimiters instead of commas. Doing a bulk replace of the semi colons in Notepad and then opening in Excel worked for me.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

jiltedjock wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:03 pm
Paul59 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:48 pm
They open in Excel online. However they are using semi colons as delimiters instead of commas. Doing a bulk replace of the semi colons in Notepad and then opening in Excel worked for me.
Replace the semi colons with what? Commas?

BTW, I have just experimented with setting the TT Mod as a Global mod. I never use a Mass Effect mod, but to test if the TT Mod Squads.csv file is being read I loaded my last Empires battle that I had previously imported. This included a couple of Nubian Archer units, normally 8 figures of course. I changed the figures to 16 per unit in the TT Mod Squads.csv file, and amazingly when I opened the battle using the TT Mod as a global mod the units had 16 figures! Thank you so much for finding this out! All I need now is to successfully open these Empires .csv files and find some time to mod them!

FOGII TT Mod Creator

paul71stpvi
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by paul71stpvi »

Paul59 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:02 pm BTW, I have just experimented with setting the TT Mod as a Global mod. I never use a Mass Effect mod, but to test if the TT Mod Squads.csv file is being read I loaded my last Empires battle that I had previously imported. This included a couple of Nubian Archer units, normally 8 figures of course. I changed the figures to 16 per unit in the TT Mod Squads.csv file, and amazingly when I opened the battle using the TT Mod as a global mod the units had 16 figures! Thank you so much for finding this out! All I need now is to successfully open these Empires .csv files and find some time to mod them!
You can also try reCsvEdit to open the Empires csv files. Quick and simple CSV editor that worked for me - I've already spent a little time going through the Empires unit list and comparing what would be the equivalent TT mod unit (i.e. Iphikratean Hoplites instead of Thureophoroi for the basic Hellenistic MI).
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

paul71stpvi wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:56 pm
Paul59 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:02 pm BTW, I have just experimented with setting the TT Mod as a Global mod. I never use a Mass Effect mod, but to test if the TT Mod Squads.csv file is being read I loaded my last Empires battle that I had previously imported. This included a couple of Nubian Archer units, normally 8 figures of course. I changed the figures to 16 per unit in the TT Mod Squads.csv file, and amazingly when I opened the battle using the TT Mod as a global mod the units had 16 figures! Thank you so much for finding this out! All I need now is to successfully open these Empires .csv files and find some time to mod them!
You can also try reCsvEdit to open the Empires csv files. Quick and simple CSV editor that worked for me - I've already spent a little time going through the Empires unit list and comparing what would be the equivalent TT mod unit (i.e. Iphikratean Hoplites instead of Thureophoroi for the basic Hellenistic MI).
Thanks Paul, but I used jiltedjock's suggestion of opening the .csv files in Notepad (I actually used Notepad++), and replacing all the semicolons with commas. I was then able to open the .csv files successfully with my Microsoft Excel. Many thanks once again to jiltedjock, you have made an Empires version of the TT Mod a real possibility!

It will be a long time before I can get to work on this though, I am on holiday for most of the next 4 weeks, and when I get back I will be very busy with a new project, but when I am able I will start tinkering with this!

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

After a bit more experimentation, I have made some further interesting discoveries about the Global Mod system:

1) You can get the Global Mods to read the Text.txt files, but you have to create a Text folder within the Mods Data folder and put them in there. This is pretty essential for getting the unique TT Mod units to work in Empires, as otherwise their names would not show on the battlefield UI.

2) I have not been able to get the BannerSideIDs.txt to work in Global Mods, even by creating a Core folder within the Global Mod folder. This is disappointing, as it means the extra TT Mod banners will not be used, only those that use the existing banner numbers, ie only 14 banners out of 138!

3) The ArmyList.txt file is not read by the Global Mods system. However, this is irrelevant for getting the TT Mod to work with Empires.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

FrenchDude
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by FrenchDude »

Awesome news, if possible, a FOGE version of the TT mod would be amazing, I’ve been hoping for this since FOGE’s beta !
Latro
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Latro »

Paul59 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:49 am
bodkin wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:49 am Stockwellpete has already discussed this with me, and I have agreed to only release the new version of the TT Mod after the fifth season of the Digital League ends.

cheers

Paul

That is correct.
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
Is it done yet?
:wink:
antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by antiochosvii »

Any word? Looking forward to the new version. Somewhat desperately.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

It's done, but after waiting for the Digital league to finish, I now have to wait for something else to happen before I can safely release the new version.

All the stars should align soon, and then I will be good to go!

FOGII TT Mod Creator

antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by antiochosvii »

Cool! Glad to hear it. Thanks Paul.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

It won't be long now!

Hopefully I will be ready to release the new version later today.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Return to “Field of Glory II”