New TT Mod banners

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

New TT Mod banners

Post by Paul59 »

Hi,

I expect to release the new version of the TT Mod sometime before Christmas, after the next game patch is released. I cannot release before then, as the new version is designed to work with the new patch, and will not work with the current version of the game.

The delay will allow me to finish work on new nation specific banners. I have been working on these for well over a year, and have gone through several different versions of most of the banners. What I am happy with one day, I often get tired of and completely redesign it the next!

I have been reluctant to release these, as there were a few problems with their use. Mainly the weird "long" banner issue, and the minimap not working with extra banner sets. These problems all seem to have been resolved now, so I will include the banners in the next update.

Here are a few screenshots of the banners. I am sure you will not like some/all of them, but I am reasonably happy with them at the moment. I can't guarantee that I won't change them at some point though!

Generic Greek. This banner I am using for all the Greek nations that I do not have a specific banner for. At the moment I have specific banners for Athens, Sparta, Boiotian League/Thebes, Thessaly, Graeco-Bactrian, Eumenes.

Macedonian

Carthage

Iberians (Spanish)

Gallic

These are all "warm" side colours, apart from the Macedonian. Each nation also has a "cool" side colour which is normally identical, but with a different background colour. Sometimes, however, the "cool" side banner is a totally different design.

I will post some more when I can be bothered to take screenshots!

cheers

Paul
Last edited by Paul59 on Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
paul71stpvi
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: New TT Mod banners

Post by paul71stpvi »

Whoa. These look amazing! Adds a whole new layer to the game.
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Nice job!
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Here are the Roman banners. These are the "warm" side banners again. Ideally, I would like to do early and late banners for the Romans, but it would mean a lot of bother with adding in new sidename numbers and amending the scripts to ensure the generals names are correct, so I think I will leave it.

This is the full list of new banner numbers and the nations that they represent:

00 01 Roman
02 03 Seleucids etc.
04 05 Celts/Germans/Spanish etc.
06 07 Greeks/Hellenistic/Italians etc.
08 09 Persian/Median, other Iranians etc.
10 11 Indian
12 13 Hun
14 15 Byzantine
16 17 Seleucid
18 19 Egypt/Kushite/Blemmye
20 21 Pyrrhic
22 23 Macedon
24 25 Carthaginian/Libyan/Moorish/Cypriot/Phoenician
26 27 Anglo Saxon
28 29 Romano British/Breton
30 31 Picts
32 33 Mannaean
34 35 Sparta
36 37 Numidian
38 39 Thebes/Boiotian
40 41 Athens
42 43 Thessaly
44 45 Thracian
46 47 Babylonian
48 49 Assyrian
50 51 Lydian
52 53 Skythians/Cimmerians
54 55 Ptolemaic
56 57 Elamite
58 59 Armenian/Urartian
60 61 Jewish/Hebrew
62 63 Pontic/Bosporan
64 65 Gallic/Galatian/Ligurian
66 67 Ancient British/Caledonian
68 69 Dacia/Carpi
70 71 Welsh
72 73 Scots-Irish
74 75 Nabatean/Palmyran
76 77 Antigonid
78 79 Graeco-Bactrian/Indo-Greek
80 81 Etruscan
82 83 All other Italian factions
84 85 Illyrians
86 87 Iberian/Celtiberian/Lusitanian
88 89 Lysimachus
90 91 Eumenes
92 93 Sarmatians

cheers

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by antiochosvii »

Looking glorious. Great addition!
TimDee58
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by TimDee58 »

beautiful
cromlechi
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by cromlechi »

Great work. Love these
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

Congrats. I’m quite reluctant to do this for Silk Road. But maybe I will. No promises.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

jomni wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:34 am Congrats. I’m quite reluctant to do this for Silk Road. But maybe I will. No promises.
I understand that jomni, I had the same feeling until recently, but now the problems seem to have been resolved. I guess we will know for sure after I release this update and people can test them out.

The "long" banner issue can possibly be resolved by including the banner normal and spec .dds in the mods banner folder. You do not need to create new normal and spec files, just copy and paste the vanilla ones into the mods banner folder. Then when you use the Archon tool to allocate the new textures, just use it to point to the new diffuse texture, leaving the normal and specs as they are. I have tested the mod in MP, and it seems to work.

The Minimap issue will be resolved in the next main game update. Richard has tinkered with the scripts, so that extra banner sets will get allocated distinctive minimap dot colours, rather than the red that we get now.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Nice.

Pat a Pixel Pusher

lapdog666
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by lapdog666 »

they look good. once i start playing with these banners i m not going back to vanila ones. kinda off topic question : did you intentionally took screenshots in which the units are standing in either rough terrain or Long grass, because then it looks better (not attacking banners, they look good either way, i m just trying to figure out this kinda spontaneously)
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

lapdog666 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:22 pm they look good. once i start playing with these banners i m not going back to vanila ones. kinda off topic question : did you intentionally took screenshots in which the units are standing in either rough terrain or Long grass, because then it looks better (not attacking banners, they look good either way, i m just trying to figure out this kinda spontaneously)
My intention was to show the banners, both a generals banner and a normal one, I paid no attention at all to where the units were standing.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

matlegob
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by matlegob »

Waooh! They look beautifull!!!
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Here are the Persian (warm side) banners.

You can also see the new Takabara textures, basically just the Thracian Peltasts with trousers and different shields. They retain the yellow cap, which I think is more typically Persian, and I have given a multitude of different cap colours to the Thracians in an effort to distinguish them more from the Takabara. I may have another go at them in the future.

These are the Indian (cool side) banners.

cheers

Paul

FOGII TT Mod Creator

TimDee58

Post by TimDee58 »

gobsmackingly good
TimDee58

Post by TimDee58 »

OMG I just noticed the hoplites wearing just a tunic...... wow
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

TimDee58 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:32 am OMG I just noticed the hoplites wearing just a tunic...... wow
Oh yes, I did not realise they were lurking in the background! Those are the Early Average Protected Hoplites. Of course, they still count as Protected because of their large aspis shields. There is also a raw variant, in uncoloured cloth tunics, plus a Spartan Superior variant in red tunics.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

TimDee58

Post by TimDee58 »

Paul59 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:04 pm
TimDee58 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:32 am OMG I just noticed the hoplites wearing just a tunic...... wow
Oh yes, I did not realise they were lurking in the background! Those are the Early Average Protected Hoplites. Of course, they still count as Protected because of their large aspis shields. There is also a raw variant, in uncoloured cloth tunics, plus a Spartan Superior variant in red tunics.
I think I love you
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

TimDee58 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:28 pm
Paul59 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:04 pm
I think I love you
Blimey, I was going to post some screenies of the Seleucid and Ptolemaic banners, but I don't want to encourage that sort of thing!

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Here are the Seleucids (cool side) banners, featuring their anchor symbol and the face of Antiochus IV (I think?):

and the Ptolemaic (warm side), featuring the head of Zeus Ammon and a winged sphinx like creature:

cheers

Paul

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Return to “Field of Glory II”