I Want to Have Wars Between Disparate Technologies

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
MVP7
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Re: I Want to Have Wars Between Disparate Technologies

Post by MVP7 »

Latro wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:05 pm Ah OK. That clears things up ratherr nicely.
So could we then say that 300 would be full gothic armour with horse protection?
Knight in full plate armor would definitely be 300 but so are the current ancient Cataphracts with their full chain/scale armor even though that would barely count as 'some armour' in late medieval times. It's all largely relative to the contemporary technology.

In terms of modding even the 300 value probably isn't hard coded so you could either use higher value directly or allow for higher value with some small script change.
MVP7

Post by MVP7 »

Paul59 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:22 pm
MVP7 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:17 pm That should make it easy to mod in much larger range of armor values, if someone wanted to do that, without any technical issues.
Yes, it is very easy to add in a unique armour value, just as I did with the TT Mod Sassanid Clibanarii. You just change the value in the Body Armour column, and then work out the points cost of the new unit. The game takes care of everything else.
Your Clibanarii still use an armor value that is probably going to be one of the "standard" values in the future. I know where and how the unit armour values are stored but I didn't know if the game was fully programmed to handle "non-standard" values that are generally not used with the official units (and was too lazy to dig through the script files :D ) but it definitely seems to be.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

MVP7 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:33 pm
Paul59 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:22 pm
MVP7 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:17 pm That should make it easy to mod in much larger range of armor values, if someone wanted to do that, without any technical issues.
Yes, it is very easy to add in a unique armour value, just as I did with the TT Mod Sassanid Clibanarii. You just change the value in the Body Armour column, and then work out the points cost of the new unit. The game takes care of everything else.
Your Clibanarii still use an armor value that is probably going to be one of the "standard" values in the future. I know where and how the unit armour values are stored but I didn't know if the game was fully programmed to handle "non-standard" values that are generally not used with the official units (and was too lazy to dig through the script files :D ) but it definitely seems to be.
It is programmed to handle non-standard armour values in the range 0-300, but not above 300.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II”